Trying to install BlueSky Sceneries Help! FSX

wwhiteside

Hi Guys, Trying to install BlueSky scenery. Ive unzipped them to my C drive under a folder called Scenery. I go into FSX and into my Scenery Library and nothing I do or click will get anything to show up other than the Scenery folder. There must be a workaround for this.

Thanks

W

Do a search for "How to add scenery to FSX".... if you still have a problem reply here and I will walk you through it. You need to decide if you are going to install all BS scenery to one folder or break it up by states.

Name the folder containing the Scenery "Bluesky".

Make sure that this folder contains two sub folders - "Scenery" and "texture".

Ensure all the bgl files are in the "scenery" sub folder" and any textures (bmp files for bluesky) are in the "texture" sub folder.

Then open the scenery manager in fsx and point it to the new folder.

Does that solve it?

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Blue sky scenery are all .bgl files. I did mine the stupid way and put it all into AddonScenery/Scenery folder including any airports that are part of that download area. It works, but make for a messy folder.

Have you tried putting the Scenery folder into another empty folder labeled for the area covered and add it to your Scenery Library?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Guys, Trying to install BlueSky scenery. Ive unzipped them to my C drive under a folder called Scenery. I go into FSX and into my Scenery Library and nothing I do or click will get anything to show up other than the Scenery folder. There must be a workaround for this.

Thanks

W

You have to add a folder to the Scenery library then unzip the files to that folder. I guess I should have said do a GOOGLE search for installing FSX scenery, there are a ton of links with info. I see others have now joined in the thread so rather than confuse you more I will back out now.

Hi Whiteside,

I'll try not to add to the confusion but wanted to say this. The issue is that you named that folder "scenery" which is confusing the FSX add area scenery library. Change the folder name to something else, BlueSky for example, and then within that folder you should have a scenery and texture folder. Then go into your sccenery library, select add, drill down to the location of your now named bluesky folder, open it so u see the scenery and texture folder, then click OK, nothing will happen, then click anywhere in the white blank area and it will add. It will display in your scenery library as bluesky or whatever you named the first folder. Scenery only adds when the library sees the folder called "scenery" but this must reside in another folder first. Hope this makes sense

AMD FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz water cooled - 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz - 2 Geforce 480's 1.5GB each (non-sli) 2Seat SimPit - 8 Monitors - Saitek Gear -

Yep, changing the folder structure worked! Thank you guys. I agree that the all in one approach is a cop-out and I'll be making a lot of work for myself later on if I so decide to eliminate one of these. Thank you as always you guys are why this hobby works!

Will

Glad you got it sorted! Here is a shot of my scenery library. I have all BS on an Esata external drive as the files are huge (I have about 250 gigs of BS) and if you install them to the FSX drive it will take forever to load the sim once you get a lot of the photo scenery. I also have it broke down by state so I can enable only the areas I am flying over and disable them when not in use, to help with FSX performance..... just FYI for future reference....

Install BS-5.jpg

I cant speak for PPSFA but you have several options. Im sure you know that the multiplayer built into FSX has been shut off. Your current options are VATSIM, IVAO, and FSHOST. I actually have been hosting my own FSHOST server for the last 3 years or so, and its available 24/7. My server is called "SimAviators Free Flight".

For more info check these links -

VATSIM - http://www.vatsim.net/

IVAO - https://ivao.aero/

FSHOST - http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/

There may also be some other options out there. I also believe you still can connect to FSX MP servers but have to use a direct connect option, see this for details - http://www.fsxbeyondgamespy.com/sessions.php

Good luck to you!

AMD FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz water cooled - 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz - 2 Geforce 480's 1.5GB each (non-sli) 2Seat SimPit - 8 Monitors - Saitek Gear -

I have not used it. I suppose I get enough ATC in the RW but I just felt like trying it.

W

I think only VATSIM and IVAO have ATC, the other server hosts dont. Thats part of the reason I dont use Vatsim, I get enough in the 'real' world. For online I only fly with other friends, that way we don't have to deal with ...... well, you know :-)

I am up on FSHostSPY now and I dont see your server.

Hi Whiteside,

thanks for pointing that out, it actually shows up with name "public server" and the description says "simaviators freeflight"

However I just changed it, you should see it now.

Archived