Using a different panel on payware A/C

Sorrow09

On the advanced PMDG and other payware modules, very often they went outside the limits of the standard FS9 programming interface (API) as described in the FS9 SDK (software development kit) to work around limitations of those limits. An example for PMDG is the B737NG series and B747 which have custom interfacing.

The PMDG B1900 is one of their "lite" series models so perhaps you can do it. Just rename the B1900 panel folder to xxpanel and then copy/paste in the panel folder from the KA200 model.

Also PMDG uses a dll called PMDG options which I believe is used for copy protection. I don't know if this applies to the B1900. (I use a different model from Mike Stone or the Aeroworx version.)

One thing to consider on a panel swap or merge is that some of the gauge markings might be off such as the stall, flap, and never exceed scale coloring on the IAS gauge, max limits on the RPM and power/torque gauges, etc. These are in the bitmaps of the gauges. They are not set from the aircraft.cfg or .air files.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As described above, the 2D panel will most likely work, though there is no guarantee.

The VC is another story.

If you do the switch that Ron suggests you will have to replace the [VCockpit.nn] sections of the new panel.cfg with the sections from the old panel.cfg.

You will also have to copy any gauges from the original panel folder over to the new panel folder.

Also, any "control" gauges used in the original 2D panel would have to be added to the new panel.

Not having either plane I cannot be more specific.

Hope this helps.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived