Cirrus SJ 50 is there a Fix?

drake4896

Kazunori Ito has a Cirrus SJ 50 in the library for FS9 but the plane doesn't leave the ground for me. I checked the aircraft.cfg file and I see the weight is way off.

Has anyone gotten this plane to work in FS9? If so can you share the fix you have for it.

I spent hours last night trying different things but I don't have a clue as to how one creates planes. I did get the plane into the air but then it was shaking violently even at 100 knots.

Regards

Drake

Thank you for the reply. Yes, that is the plane and you can fly it?

I don't know why it doesn't work for me. It will not leave the ground in my FS9 sim and I have the update patch as well.

I'm flying it in FSX. No working gauges but it's still flyable. I gave it some elevator trim before take off. It had a long roll down the runway but lifted into the air fairly smoothly and was fine after gear up and flaps to Zero.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You might check the aircraft cfg and see if the main landing gear is too far aft of the cg. It should be about a foot aft of cg. Too much and the horizontal stabilizer does not have enough moment arm to push the tail down on take off and the plane just drives forward off the end of the runway.

nadlzfw,

The main landing gear position (lon/lat/vert) is placed where the physical wheels are placed (ie: contact points).

You do not use contact point position (or CofG) to do flight dynamics edits. You may use 'Ref Datum' values that are other than '0.000', but that's a different story. You use the airplane geometry and/or air file flight dynamics sections. So your 'assessment' is BOGUS.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: I have tried 2 days to download the file 'vision_fs50.zip' from here, simviation and surclaro, with 'fail' (Firefox) 'due to reset' of connection. So I can't take a look at it to see what might be wrong. I can't figure out what the problem is concerning downloading zip. I NEED THIS ZIP. Can anyone help me get it?

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Edit: I have tried 2 days to download the file 'vision_fs50.zip' from here, simviation and surclaro, with 'fail' (Firefox) 'due to reset' of connection. So I can't take a look at it to see what might be wrong. I can't figure out what the problem is concerning downloading zip. I NEED THIS ZIP. Can anyone help me get it?

Sent you a PM!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks Zippy. Much appreciated. Got it already but I appreciate your help (as always). I go inport it into FSX now (if Firefox did not blow it up). And FS9 too. News at 11.

I usually exercise between 4 and 6 pm (PST) but today I took a 2 hr nap instead (ha), which explains the 2 hr delay, as you guys posted right away. Now I am ready to go fly now.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived