FSX internet explorer 6-ish issue! (help!)

Speedbird ATC

Hey guys this issue has been bothering me for a while but now, I think the time has come to ask (beg) for help. For some reason, anytime I put FSX in windowed mode with a complex payware plane like the Aerosoft Airbus or PMDG 777, I get either a black screen or something like...this: http://mrdoob.com/lab/javascript/effects/ie6/

Except with clouds instead of the error menu...

I also get this when I use Opus FSX. Does anyone know what could be the cause?

Intel i7 fourth gen (3.5ghz) 16GB RAM EVGA GTX660 Windows 10 64bit Pro edition

Oh god I confused you so sorry! This problem has nothing to do with ie! Let me try and explain. If my explanation sucks (which it will) I have a FRAPS video which may explain it for you. You know that bug in ie6 were when you get a crash report, and when you try to close it it keeps drawing itself all over the screen? (like in that link) Well, I get that issue in FSX except there is no crash and that glitch occurs with CLOUDS, instead of menus... Also, my plane/everything around me is nowhere to be seen and I am at ground level...

Well sorry, it is my mistake rather for not understanding properly. The first time I saw this thread, I was using my phone, so couldn't realize about that IE bug. Unfortunately, this is the first time I've seen some problem like this in FSX. Hope somebody else assists you in the right direction. Also, mention your system specs, it maybe a factor.
http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gifhttp://status.ivao.aero/414320.png

When I get video errors, I try switching from Full Screen to windowed more, then switching from interior to exterior view, or vise vesra. Then go back to whatever I was doing. It usually works.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

When you get that 'effect' after an FSX error, due to FSX being unable to load a model, due to wrong air file name, or no panel, or the model itself not being compatible with FSX. Or you are trying to load xml gauges that are not there. In FSX if you don't have a compatible panel your model does not get loaded and your FSX will generate a Windows error message (ie: says 'Send' or 'Don't Send' to MS).

So, what FSX does is place you at the South Pole, over water, or ice, with the graphics all messed up. They are not clouds. They are (supposed) to be water or icebergs.

What you do is QUICKLY (before your model sinks) go to 'World\Go To Airport' and pick the airport you were at when the error happened. When I do port overs, or do heavy edits to cfg and/or air file I first establish an airport as my 'go to' airport in case I get that error. FSX will remember what airport you were at and to go back to start over you do 'World\Go To Airport' and then just click 'OK' and you are back. But your gas tanks will be empty. So go fuel up, start engine, and your are back start so you can continue.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 2 weeks later...
Also, when I press alt-enter or open a menu on some planes this happens...http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag304/Speedbird48/2014-11-11_15-49-29-6_zps749a8c0e.png or I get a black screen... HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen this problem myself and on other's machines. I suggest setting your desktop AND FSX to the highest (native) resolution at 60 Hz. Set your DPI to 100%.

Set your graphics controller options to default.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I believe that black screen when in windowed mode is due to a program taking over some aspect of video card feature(s). In my case it is a security camera (USB) that I have pointing toward driveway. Doing a 'Alt+Enter' gives me this black screen, like you. I don't believe it is video drivers. Don't seem like it. It's a 'controller' (video or USB device, etc) problem.

But if you click on '-' (top right) to minimize the window, then click it to restore it, Windows will allow you to continue flying in windowed mode (press 'P' to unpause). The alternative is to quite FSX. But if you have programs running in the background that involve your video controllers then all bets are off when you re-start FSX. Googled this last week. No help.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived