How to give a plane stronger engines to fly faster?

math341c

Hello guys, so i own the PMDG 777 since it released. I am boring for the time in fsx, and i want to try something new.

So i just want to ask a question. How can i edit the the speed of the plane? I want to give it more powerful, my own created future engines. I want it to fly 2.04 Mach at cruise, like Concorde? What i have to edit? The only i know, is to edit in aircraft.cfg, the max allowed speed paramenters, so i don´t get overspeed warning.

Yes i know it´s unrealastic, but i want to try it, to see how it is to fly faster.

I really want this help guys. Thank you.

Best Regards Math.

You are correct in your statement as this would need to be done via the aircraft.cfg. See this for a better understanding of what does what in the CFG - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx

You could probably do this by simply increasing the thrust scalar value.

AMD FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz water cooled - 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz - 2 Geforce 480's 1.5GB each (non-sli) 2Seat SimPit - 8 Monitors - Saitek Gear -

You are correct in your statement as this would need to be done via the aircraft.cfg. See this for a better understanding of what does what in the CFG - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx

You could probably do this by simply increasing the thrust scalar value.

Thank you. Do you know a way to calculate how much thrust i need to get a speed? You know i want to set the thrust to something so i get 2.0 Mach in cruise, how can i calculate it? I know the: no fuel weight of the plane. So there must be a Mathematics way to calculate it. Because if i don´t calculate it, so i don´t know how i set the max allowed speeds.

Thank you. Do you know a way to calculate how much thrust i need to get a speed? You know i want to set the thrust to something so i get 2.0 Mach in cruise, how can i calculate it? I know the: no fuel weight of the plane. So there must be a Mathematics way to calculate it. Because if i don´t calculate it, so i don´t know how i set the max allowed speeds.

Thats hard to say, your best is trial and error, increase the value>test speed in a flight>repeat until you find a value that works for you.

Also the PMDG is a highly complex aircraft, and as suggested by mallcott you may want to experiment on a default aircraft like the 737 instead.

AMD FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz water cooled - 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz - 2 Geforce 480's 1.5GB each (non-sli) 2Seat SimPit - 8 Monitors - Saitek Gear -

Guys thanks so far for helping me. But that site only tells what each thing do, but what i need to edit i need information about. I know editing static thrust makes the plane faster, but i must also edit autopilot, so it alows such a speed i want, am i not right?

Why faster ? i mean :

An aircraft in real life was made with particular specs and minimum and maximum speeds.

Trying to fly a plane as 777 as fast as the concorde is a bit over the limits of flightsiming.

You should buy the xconcorde, its a real complex and detailed plane. once you get it on the air you wont go back to 777 :)

There are also a lot of free concorde addons out there.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guys thanks so far for helping me. But that site only tells what each thing do, but what i need to edit i need information about. I know editing static thrust makes the plane faster, but i must also edit autopilot, so it alows such a speed i want, am i not right?

See the autopilot section of the link I posted, there is no max value for setting speed on autopilot. In theory you can set autopilot to a riduclous speed, but if the aircraft is unable to reach that speed it will just keep trying too. Autothrottle is limited to max percentage of RPM that it can use, but there is no max speed setting for the autothrottle. However keep in mind the autopilot gauge thats in the PMDG may be limted to a max speed, thats on the gauge side, not the aircraft.cfg side.

What you are doing here is a very custom edit for YOUR needs, so its hard for us to say exactly what other parameters you need to edit as this is a one off edit specific to your needs. Its all trail and error, and all the data is in the link.

See the autopilot section of the link I posted, there is no max value for setting speed on autopilot. In theory you can set autopilot to a riduclous speed, but if the aircraft is unable to reach that speed it will just keep trying too. Autothrottle is limited to max percentage of RPM that it can use, but there is no max speed setting for the autothrottle. However keep in mind the autopilot gauge thats in the PMDG may be limted to a max speed, thats on the gauge side, not the aircraft.cfg side.

What you are doing here is a very custom edit for YOUR needs, so its hard for us to say exactly what other parameters you need to edit as this is a one off edit specific to your needs. Its all trail and error, and all the data is in the link.

Well, i only want to make the plane fly faster. As i said before i want it to cruise at 2.0 Mach. But will the plane not use more fuel, when i set the thust higher?

Have you edited your cfg yet? Sorry but your asking alot of questions 5 steps ahead of where you are now. As stated, its trial and error, so give it a try until you reach your desired outcome. As far as fuel consumption, it is once again all in the link I posted. Which is from the FSX SDK, and covers everything, including fuel consumption.

OK i did it. I did it on the TDS 787. I increased the thrust about 3 K. And i set the speed limits. Max Mach 2.0, and max indicated speed 460 etc etc. Everything works fine. I climbed 4000 v/s with 1.6 mach. I have one problem, when i takeoff the plane is getting so fast, that i get overspeed, right after takeoff, and the autothrottle is so slow to slow down the engines, can i also optimize the autothrottle?

OK i did it. I did it on the TDS 787. I increased the thrust about 3 K. And i set the speed limits. Max Mach 2.0, and max indicated speed 460 etc etc. Everything works fine. I climbed 4000 v/s with 1.6 mach. I have one problem, when i takeoff the plane is getting so fast, that i get overspeed, right after takeoff, and the autothrottle is so slow to slow down the engines, can i also optimize the autothrottle?

Thats because max MACH for this plane is around 0.95 mach,

Its normal that after a couple of seconds your plane gets overspeeded for take off.

what is it, around 135 or 145 for take off speed ? i guess its about 240 with the new settings ? i am just just calculating it here and there..

What can we expect more ?

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thats because max MACH for this plane is around 0.95 mach,

Its normal that after a couple of seconds your plane gets overspeeded for take off.

what is it, around 135 or 145 for take off speed ? i guess its about 240 with the new settings ? i am just just calculating it here and there..

What can we expect more ?

I get overspeed because i have 5 flaps. And its not normal. I never get overspeed when i take off pmdg t7 right after takeoff with 5 flaps.

OK guys, i really thanks for you help. I don´t think i will touch pmdg, as they comes with custom dll´s. But i speeded up a bit the project airbus a380. But can you please help me calculate? I want the A380 to fly 0.95 Mach, but i get a problem, the indicated speed say it is an overspeed, and i can also set the indicated speed?. What is the indicated speed of 0.95 mach does any know, how i can calculate it. Thanks?

Archived