1000 fps!

flybynumbers

http://s13.postimg.org/hbr1jlct3/Screenshot_2014_10_21_16_00_36.png

Set up

Intel Core i7-4770 Haswell Quad-Core 3.4GHz LGA 1150

Samsung 840 EVO Series MZ-7TE500BW 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD Single Unit Version

Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti

ASUS Z97-PRO WI-FI AC ATX LGA1150 DDR3 3PCI-E16 4PCI-E1 CrossFireX/SLI SATA3 USB3.0 HDMI

Corsair vengence blue 8GB 2x4GB DDR3 1600 CL9

Installed

FSX deluxe edition

Service pack 1

Service pack 2

FTX orbx global base pack

Plane

Cessna 172

8000 ft

Custom display settings

Fps set to unlimted

Water effects turned down to medium-low.

All other display settings at default levels.

FSX.CFG (default)

No hardware such as yoke, rudder pedals connected.

Around the city/airports...ie Vancouver, Los Angeles, Honolulu, St. maarten I get about 300 fps.

Addons yet to install

FTX Global Vector

FS Global 2010: FTX Edition

FTX PNW region

Active sky

REX

(and all of these components including 10 pips)

http://www.pilotmall.com/product/Flight-Training-Cockpit-Advanced-Panel/flight-simulation

I will report back on the affect on fps.

1000 fps at default settings!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, but how smooth is your flight? Anything above 30FPS is really not noticed by the eye. Install some Photo-real scenery around KLAX, KJFK, etc and add some AI traffic and see what you get.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Gee. I have a similar rig and the best I can do is 857 FPS. A little less around Seattle.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Gee. I have a similar rig and the best I can do is 857 FPS. A little less around Seattle.

Doug

That's awesome! That's pretty much what I get when flying around the country side. The 1000fps is just in short blips in the right conditions.

Cessna (test)

Cool way to advertise!

1000 fps at default settings!

Yeah, but how smooth is your flight? Anything above 30FPS is really not noticed by the eye. Install some Photo-real scenery around KLAX, KJFK, etc and add some AI traffic and see what you get.

Yep.

specially for everything that concerns traffic display.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Frankly i dont see the need of getting more than 100 fps

as i just read in different posts human eye can not detect more than around 75 fps.

FPS in movies are around 25.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Movies and TV shows display images differently than computers and can get away with lower frame rates. It is very possible for people to be able to notice more than 30 FPS, in some cases far more, on a computer.

The point with being able to display high frame rates is that it means you can turn up settings while still maintaining a usable rate. In other words, if your computer struggles to get to 30 FPS, there isn't much headroom for more complex add-ons without lowering settings. With 100 FPS, there is far more leeway to work with.

Movies and TV shows display images differently than computers and can get away with lower frame rates. It is very possible for people to be able to notice more than 30 FPS, in some cases far more, on a computer.

The point with being able to display high frame rates is that it means you can turn up settings while still maintaining a usable rate. In other words, if your computer struggles to get to 30 FPS, there isn't much headroom for more complex add-ons without lowering settings. With 100 FPS, there is far more leeway to work with.

As far as i dont get any lag in the video result i dont really mind.

My settings are set to unlimited with FPSlimiter and usually get around 25fps result.

I agree with mgh. I have a 23 inch LCD monitor. and I can only get 60 htz out of it. so I don't see how the OP is getting 1000fsp unless he's pulling our chain. cause I have never heard of fsx getting 1000fps. 100 maybe but not 1000
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

I dont see the point in 1000FPS, if that was my system I would wonder what settings are set so low that I have this much extra overhead. FSX is all about balance with settings. Could I or anyone else get high FPS by turning down settings, sure, but whats the point. A well balanced system should achieve 30FPS with smoothness, anything above that is hardware that is not being utilized properly. Just my 2 cents!
AMD FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz water cooled - 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz - 2 Geforce 480's 1.5GB each (non-sli) 2Seat SimPit - 8 Monitors - Saitek Gear -

There is no point. You can get no more than 60 Hz from an LCD, so for every frame you actually display you will throw away about 16 frames on pointless processing.

Many new and recent gaming monitors have 120 Hz refresh rates, so it is very possible to see more than 60 FPS.

At the end of the day what matters is up to the user.

How does one achieve 1000 FPS? Really low resolution and running in windowed mode?

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

I can't believe it. I moved the sliders one notch to the left and got 1256 FPS. Whoopie!

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Archived