Getting Accurate Buildings in X-Plane 10.

WK95

I like flying a bit on the low side even though that'd surely not be allowed in real life in the regions I go to in X-Plane. I'm also trying to use a helicopter and I'd really like if the buildings were more accurate. Is there anyway to achieve that? because the autogenerated buildings fall far short of reality. Why, New York City in X-Plane doesn't look even the slightest bit like the Big Apple that I know. Flying along the Hudson in X-Plane, I'd like to be able to see the city as I would were i to fly along the same river in real life.

Of course, i'm sure scenery packs for NYC alone exist but i was hoping to find a wider-ranged (preferably single add-on) solution that provides more accurate buildings in more areas than a single city. I'd greatly appreciate any help on that front.

Hi WK95,

Welcome to the X-Plane forums:D.

Have a look at this great website: http://world2xplane.com

Here you will many custom sceneries of the world, with many being a vast improvement over the default autogen. Just remember to download the requires libraries needed for these scenery packs.

On a slighter different note, if you have a look in the X-Plane file library here at FlightSim.com, you'll find some amazing scenery of the San Francisco area. These include the airport as well as its surroundings (including the city).

Hope this helps, and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Dom

Hi WK95,

Welcome to the X-Plane forums:D.

Have a look at this great website: http://world2xplane.com

Here you will many custom sceneries of the world, with many being a vast improvement over the default autogen. Just remember to download the requires libraries needed for these scenery packs.

On a slighter different note, if you have a look in the X-Plane file library here at FlightSim.com, you'll find some amazing scenery of the San Francisco area. These include the airport as well as its surroundings (including the city).

Hope this helps, and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Dom

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. It looks very impressive from what I'm seeing.

Archived