Can't Load FS 2004 Update

wyattx2

Had to reload my computer from scratch today (Windows Problem). After getting essentials running, reloaded FS9. Went to Microsoft and downloaded the FS9 Update. When I try to install it I get update error 34, whatever that is? I'm running Windows 7 and everything ran great before the computer crash. I have a ton of add ons to reload, but don't want to do that before getting MS Update loaded.

Can anyone help? Thanks, Jim

Dell Studio XPS9100

Processor Intel®Core™i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz

The articles above do not apply to Windows 7, But they were helped me discover that it was indeed a registry problem. When I loaded FS I chose to load it in "C:\FS Games". However, it updated the registry to the traditional location. I'm not skilled enough to mess with the registry so I decided to uninstall and start over. But when I hit the uninstall the registry pointed it to the traditional location and there were a couple files in that location so they were deleted and the uninstall tool indicated the registry had been updated. So, I have a good install in "C:\FS Games" but its not in the registry. I was able to load the FS9.1 update, FS Navigator and FSUIPC (but had to direct them to the FS location. Thanks much for your help. Jim

Archived