editing bank speeds

lefu

Hi

Id like to know what lines should be corrected so i can make faster bank with the extra300

I was watching redbull plane racing the other day and find it goes faster in real life than in the sim.

Thanks !

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Three main spots can be changed to accomplish your goal:

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]

empty_weight_roll_MOI = 395

[flight_tuning]

aileron_effectiveness = 1.0

[airplane_geometry]

aileron_up_limit = 30.0 //Degrees

aileron_down_limit = 30.0 //Degrees

aileron_area = 18.4 //Square feet

All three affect one another, so excersize CAUTION when making changes.

And ALWAYS BACK UP ANY FILE BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGE!!!!

To change the MOI entry, reduce it by about 10%, save the file, reload the aircraft, try it.

Then try increasing the [flight_tuning] entry by 0.1, save, reload, try,

Then change Airplane geometry entries (all together) by about 1.0 each, save, reload, try.

Then start the process all over again, until the plane does what you want it to :)

And again, I say unto thee: ALWAYS BACK UP ANY FILE BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGE!!!!

It's kinda long, involved, and slow, but it will do what you want it to in a few tries :) There are .air file changes that will affect it too, but that's a whole can of worms I'd rather not open here :)

Hope it all helps a little bit

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

... so i can make faster bank with the extra300...

Just for future reference, that's more easily understood if you use the term "faster roll rate" rather than "faster bank." Not a big deal -- just thought you might want to know.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I just happen to have some FDEs (cfg and air) for the E300S that adds mods for faster speeds and better handling (depending on your flying skill, of course). Click on the link below and download from MediFire. Rename YOUR present cfg to 'aircraft.cfg.bck' and your air file to 'extra300s.air.bck' and then extract my files to your main E300S folder. Go fly. Hope you like.

Chuck B

Napamule

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d4800t6blbiuifu/E300Mods.zip

Edit: Actually this is the whole airplane (minus the panel gauges). It's Peggy Wagstaff's paint, with my modified FDEs, so extract to FSX Airplane folder and go fly. Also, it's got Flaps (for trying fancy aerob's) and a Spoiler to slow you for landing.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Just for future reference, that's more easily understood if you use the term "faster roll rate" rather than "faster bank." Not a big deal -- just thought you might want to know.

I agree, i wasnt sure what exact word to use.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I just happen to have some FDEs (cfg and air) for the E300S that adds mods for faster speeds and better handling (depending on your flying skill, of course). Click on the link below and download from MediFire. Rename YOUR present cfg to 'aircraft.cfg.bck' and your air file to 'extra300s.air.bck' and then extract my files to your main E300S folder. Go fly. Hope you like.

Chuck B

Napamule

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d4800t6blbiuifu/E300Mods.zip

Edit: Actually this is the whole airplane (minus the panel gauges). It's Peggy Wagstaff's paint, with my modified FDEs, so extract to FSX Airplane folder and go fly. Also, it's got Flaps (for trying fancy aerob's) and a Spoiler to slow you for landing.

Thanks !

i am gonna take a look at it after work.

Thanks to you all :)

+1

Remember that "bank" is an angle (can't be faster or slower, simply a number)

"Roll" is a rate, and can be faster or slower.

+1

Remember that "bank" is an angle (can't be faster or slower, simply a number)

"Roll" is a rate, and can be faster or slower.

The worst is i was looking for "bank" inside cfg file and found nothing

"roll" is there though

:)

And when you 'bank' you throw in the rudder requirement (ie: auto rudder, or with auto rudder off, the need to 'step on the bubble' by use of rudder) for a coordinated turn. With 'roll' there is no rudder input, unless you are doing 'fancy' aerobatics?

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived