P3D V2.4 crashes to desktop - menu toolbar issue

obsraniec

Hello,

I'm posting this, since I haven't found any solution so far. P3D V2.4 simply crashes to desktop after attempting to select different elements from the toolbar. It does affect elements like weather or time and season, while some others, ie. map can be selected without crashing. No matter if run fullscreen or windowed. I have also tried putting the UIAutomationCore.dll file into p3d main folder, but it doesn't help at all.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem and maybe know a solution? I run P3D V2.4 on AMD Phenom 965 system with AMD 6870 GPU.

Greetings from Poland

I finally broke down and decided to install P3D v2.4 today. I just bought it a few days ago. I've been having a lot of fun with FSX in DX10 mode and I'd heard such good things about P3d that I had to give it a go.

Upon starting up I went immediately to the control settings to setup my joysticks. When I tried to save the 50+ settings I had just made the whole app crashes to the desktop. now this is on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PC I just built with all the best and fastest hardware available. The only thing installed is FSX Gold w/Accel and P3d v2.4, and Waterfox v32.

I started it again and the second time it all worked fine.

I'll cross my fingers and hope it keeps working. I don't know how many times you tried it. All I can say is reboot and try again. Make sure all unnecessary apps are not running.

Sometimes, when I have exported a new scenery, and start P3D at that airport, P3Dv2.4 freezes at exactly 11% loading. At that point I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL. Next P3D startup is OK.
Airports of Norway - Norway Bridges

Archived