Thread: ATC.DLL Error

Default ATC.DLL Error

What might cause this error?

Faulting application name: fs9.exe, version: 9.0.0.30612, time stamp: 0x00534d69
    Faulting module name: ATC.DLL, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a88e
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0001530d
    Faulting process id: 0x10dc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cfd061ecc8af6e
    Faulting application path: E:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe
    Faulting module path: E:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\ATC.DLL
    Report Id: 0ffd373c-3c56-11e4-934e-e03f498468c0
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I copied this response from the AVSIM site about this error. It was directed towards another member.

Hi Luc,It's not related to Ai traffic but to a long-standing bug in FS9. It occurs on a change of frequency (TWR to GND for example) and is associated with other frequencies used in your plan. I've experienced it when a frequency at EGLL is the same as one at LIRF.Try entering removeatc=yes in the General section of FSUIPC.INI. That will stop some instances of the bug but not all. I've beaten it by using AFCAD to change one of the frequencies at either of the airports in your plan but that may introduce the problem at previously unaffected airports.It's a pain but fortunately is quite rare. If it occurs when you switch to a frequency at KDEN try editing the AFCAD for KDEN and change the frequency to another. GND usually has more than one anyway.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

I don't know but it's happening when I try to change aircraft. Never happened before in ten years.
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I think I found it. Doing a clean install on a new build. It' a aircraft carrier enterprise addon I purchased for like ten years ago from some not so friendly developers as I remember. Ya, probably in their atc com frequencies. Thanks Mr Zippy!
    Mike G.

I have had this happen whenever the ATIS frequency at the departure airport is repeated during a flight, such as when switching to an en route center frequency. As stated above the "remove ATC" line cures the problem.

RemoveATC=Yes via fsuipc turns off FS ATC. It also removes a conflict when using another ATC application as well.

Note that Remove ATC does not affect ai operations. They still function just fine.
    KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles
    Support Team

Where do I find ATC=Yes?
    Mike G.

As Mr Zippy stated, if you have FSUIPC then edit in the General section of fsuiipc.ini the statement RemoveATC=Yes. To quickly nullify that you can edit fsuipc.ini placing slashes before and after that statement as:

//RemoveATC=Yes//

which makes it just a comment to fsuipc. fsuipc.ini is in the modules folder if you installed it.

If you have an app that licenses the needed function in fsuipc as the one in my tag, then you are also set. If not, then you will need to purchase a user registration for it as outlined the fsuipc user manual. You pick up a number of very useful features by acquiring the user paid registration such as detailed control axis mapping by aircraft and also non-linear axis control which lets sensitivity vary by your control position, very useful for nose wheel taxiing to reduce over correction but retain full rudder authority at the end of the scale. Hot key assignments beyond the normal FS assignments also become available. I set up macros (key sequences) for pushback where I just use arrow keys with the ctrl key instead of the multiple steps for PB.
    KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles
    Support Team

Bringing up this older thread I never asked, just what does adding removeatc=yes do when adding it the the FSUIPC.INI?
    Mike G.