Thread: Windows 8.1 and FS9

Default Windows 8.1 and FS9

After upgrading to 8.1 do not expect a sudden improvement for FS9. My drivers for both stick and pedals (updated to work with Windows 8) do not work correctly; for instance, the throttle moves only between 25% and 75%. I did not bother to recheck the land class that was displaying incorrectly in 8.0. Ah well, as I expected I will have to install Windows 7.

2. Default

Aside from your drivers not working correctly, does FS9 run without any issues? Thanks.

I only tried it for maybe 10 minutes before dismissing it, so I didn't go around checking on all previously-noted land class display errors. BUT, in capital letters, I did see that one of them hadn't changed from 8.0. My Dawson Creek water was still displaying as one large area without showing the land dividers. I presume that is a problem dealing with scenery library priorities and it might be fixed by separating or switching the water mask position to comply with whatever Windows 8 has changed the rules to. However, I prefer to have the rule book already written down instead of having to decode enigma. So, in a nutshell, and after a drum roll, the answer to your question is "No, it does not". There is also another issue that I don't like with 8.1. To be able to start my laptop I have to use the password that I provided to Microsoft to open the Microsoft account that I did not want to have. I spoke to Microsoft about this and got nowhere.