Thread: Traffic in P3D

Question Traffic in P3D

Hi -

I'm looking to find out how P3D handles AI traffic. Specifically, in what format does the simulator tell the graphics processor how to display what pixels. In a nutshell, we are attempting to create a rudimentary TCAS system, and while we might be over our heads, I thought I'd try here first.

Does anyone have any experience working with AI traffic? SDK developers?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it!

- Colin

This was answered already in your other forum's thread, but P3D v1.4 uses the exact same AI system as FSX at this time. Whether v2.x will maintain the same system is an open question.

You can install the updated TrafficRadar.dll and register it with the dll.xml file, then use the XML script system to read the AI data and create your customized TCAS display.
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

I've been running the old ILH_TCAS gauges from FS 2002 in both FSX and P3D without issue.
    Take my love, take my land, Take me where I cannot stand.I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, Tell them I ain't comin' back.