Thread: FSX loading without a screen.

1. Default FSX loading without a screen.

Hey everyone,

I've been experiencing this really weird issue whenever I'm running high-poly aircraft. Whenever I attempt to load up a simulation, I am met with this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f078bcfac37c97da19bbfa494d974a9d.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	156359

Normally, this should be in fullscreen mode, but once it finishes loading, the window disappears into my taskbar, and I am unable to bring it back up again. This is extremely annoying. I have tried numerous fixes to my fsx.cfg, but to no avail. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Default

I have this sometimes too. The only way I found to avoid this is not to switch windows while FSX is loading a flight or starting up.

If it happens then it's sometimes possible to restore the window through alt-tab or by clicking multiple times in the preview window that is displayed in the task bar.

3. Default

I've tried that, and still no dice.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/archiv.../t-264464.html

Maybe going through this thread might help??
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Take everything I say with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper! There's no such thing as too much garlic!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/archiv.../t-264464.html

Maybe going through this thread might help??
    That is not at all the issue I am having.

6. Default

This happens to me sometimes and I wait for the load bar to finish, it will disappear showing nothing, then I hit Alt+Enter to switch to full screen(I usually fly in windowed mode), the flight sim screen finally will appear and then I switch back again to windowed mode by using the same keystrokes. Works either way depending on your last default screen.
    Brett

Blog Entries

Only with high poly a/c? Do defaults work ok? Also, it appears looking at your screenshot, that REX real weather is activated. Have you tried not starting that and going with FS default weather?
    What are your pc specs?
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 1 GB AMD Radeon HD 6770 graphics card Windows 7