Thread: Error in installing FSX. Code 1305 and 1603, please help.

1. Default Error in installing FSX. Code 1305 and 1603, please help.

Guys, I am constantly facing a problem right in the first disk of my FSX installation. The error is 1305 and I get it at the first disk.

Here is the image - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error 1305.JPG 
Views:	587 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	153218

And after repeated times of pressing retry I finally have to give up and then as it cancels the installation it gives another error saying 1603

Here is the image - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error 1603.JPG 
Views:	307 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	153219

Everytime I try installing this is the same thing that happens. Please help

Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

3. Default

As a follow-up on MrZippy's link (definately try those tips), have you tried copying the contents of your CD to a hard disk and installing from there?

On a side note, I noticed from your screenshot it's having a hard time reading a file from the C:\ drive, your harddisk. I would assume it should be a read error from your CD. Am I misunderstanding something?

4. Default

Well you must know that I have two copies of the cd, both give the same error.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by enuffsaid View Post
    As a follow-up on MrZippy's link (definately try those tips), have you tried copying the contents of your CD to a hard disk and installing from there?

On a side note, I noticed from your screenshot it's having a hard time reading a file from the C:\ drive, your harddisk. I would assume it should be a read error from your CD. Am I misunderstanding something?
    Oh and I did try to copy the contents, it is however taking too long, and its also giving copy errors

You might have trouble with your CD drive. Make sure virus/malware protection are turned off in case file scanning is interrupting file transfer.
    Do you have any other CDs you can test like other program installer and play some music CD? If it turns out to be the dive, could be dust covered laser, or obsolete firmware on the drive. Does drive make and clicking/clacking noises during install?
    -Pv-
    2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

7. Default

I had a problem like this with IL2 1946. Cleaned the dvd and got farther in the install, approx 90%. Inserted a dvd cleaning disk into the drive but that didn't improve the situation. Odd thing is that the drive would play DVDs just fine at this time. Within a couple weeks the drive started clacking and clicking whenever a cd or dvd was inserted and the amount of time it took for the disk to show in "my computer" was increasing and annoyingly long. This DVD/cd/RW drive was bought new in early Februaruy of this year.

"Device Manager" said the drive was working properly, but I went to newegg and purchased a new drive of a different make for about 20 US dollars. Removed the old drive, installed the new drive, and guess what... IL2 1946 installed trouble free at blazing speed.

Don't know why the memorex drive failed so quickly. I paid more than I wanted to for it at a local store when doing a PC build at home and discovering all my old drives were non-sata...DOH!! Didn't want to wait a few days for an internet order to ship so I bought the only drive that could be had fast and was up flying FSX that afternoon.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pvarn View Post
    You might have trouble with your CD drive. Make sure virus/malware protection are turned off in case file scanning is interrupting file transfer.
    Do you have any other CDs you can test like other program installer and play some music CD? If it turns out to be the dive, could be dust covered laser, or obsolete firmware on the drive. Does drive make and clicking/clacking noises during install?
    -Pv-
    But I haven't had any problems like that. And the drive and all the parts in my PC are brand new. However its Win8 and its not activated as yet. Could that be the problem??

Activate Windows 8 - but that's probably not all of the problem. After you activate, run Windows Update until you run out of updates.

Then - and this is REALLY important - do not, and I repeat DO NOT - install to the location that FSX wants to install to - the Program Files(x86) location. If you have one hard drive, create a folder on it called C:\1FSX and install to that, if you have two hard drives (if you don't, seriously consider getting that second one), create the folder on the non-Windows drive and install to that. On my installation that folder is F:\1FSX. Then, after the installation, right-click on the 1FSX folder and select Properties, then undo the filling in the little box that says Read-only and select to make the change for all files and folders.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorgen

Forgot one thing: before you attempt another reinstall, make sure all files and folders from your previous installation are gone from your hard drive. If you know how to do so safely, also clean your Windows registry, but ONLY go there if you know what you're doing.

Jorgen