Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weather

Default Weather

Within the past few days I have not been able to get the weather to load correctly. I use the default real world weather and it always loads the same weather situation. I have cleared the internet cache and tried doing a full reinstall of FSX. I still do not get the real weather to download. How do I fix this?

Some people have a lot of trouble with this and some people have no trouble at all. As long as you don't get a message from the online weather informing you the server could not connect, then basically, there is nothing you can do other than making sure the weather changes over time slider is set to zero so you see weather changes immediately. When set full right, it can take up to an hour for the full effect of weather changes to be observed. Also try different locations around the world and watch for changes in your environment. The weather servers providing data are more often than not 2 or more hours behind the real world, so if your plane is located in your home town and there is a changing system moving through and you're expecting to see that in the sim, you may not until later in the day.
    -Pv-

3. Default

MS/Jeppesen weather has been static for well over a month.
    It does deliver weather, but it's always the same.
    So, if you need real "real-world" weather, you'll have to start looking for a third-party solution.
    (My suggestion would be FSrealWX.)

I do have REX and in the past I had problems with it locking up FSX while injecting the weather update. It also takes forever to start up but I admit it does make the weather outside look amazing.m I am most impressed with the visibility...like how a bridge in fog will slowly fade out verses just cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by spiskey View Post
    I do have REX and in the past I had problems with it locking up FSX while injecting the weather update. It also takes forever to start up but I admit it does make the weather outside look amazing.m I am most impressed with the visibility...like how a bridge in fog will slowly fade out verses just cut off.
    I know what you mean. I stopped using REX for those same reasons. And all has been well with regard no freeze up's since then.

I'm quite happy with the FSX weather at the moment, although I might give Active Sky a go at some point.
    Windows 7 64bit - 128GB Crucial M4 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive
    Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler
    16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - GSX G.Services - FS Cabin Crew

I have them all, Opus, AS2012, RexE+HD, now using the brand new FS Global Real Weather, clean, simple, realistic real weather with no fuss.

First I've heard of this FS Global Real Weather. Where can I find it? My REX is OK but thinking of trying Active Sky. Is it any better?
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Quote Originally Posted by usb777 View Post
    First I've heard of this FS Global Real Weather. Where can I find it? My REX is OK but thinking of trying Active Sky. Is it any better?
    http://www.fly2pilots.com/Cms/Ui/Pag...1-b3c70aee6034

39,99 Euros or $52.16 U.S. I'll stick to FSRealWxlite.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Take everything I say with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper! There's no such thing as too much garlic!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    http://www.fly2pilots.com/Cms/Ui/Pag...1-b3c70aee6034

39,99 Euros or $52.16 U.S. I'll stick to FSRealWxlite.
    Mr.Zippy do you use FSrealWX with REX textures or just FSrealWX? I have FSrealWX but wondered if it was worth it to buy REX for the textures etc since most people rave about it.

I think the textures are worth the money myself. Weather? Well, matter of taste but it comes with the textures.
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler