Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS9 Black Screen CTD

Default FS9 Black Screen CTD

I'm sure this has been brought up many a time, but no solutions I have found here either worked or have been able to be completed yet.

In the past two weeks, I have tried multiple flights, most of which I can't remember, but I remember that the airports were nowhere close in relation (eg. LAX and LHR). At first, I was doing real world present day flights with GAITraffic v2.07. I found this package was EXTREMELY buggy and jam packed with faults and it *seemed* to be the cause of my crashes (possible corrupt ai-texture). So I downgraded to 2.06, not as many faults and it seemed much more stable, didn't have a crash for a couple of days until BAM! Another crash, straight to a black screen with no warning, and after a few moments Windows says 'Microsoft Flight Simulator has crashed' or something of that sort. So, instead of actually trying to dig out the texture, I went to calclassic and began once more flying their props and sceneries. I haven't installed a scenery in a while from calclassic except for my own Newark and Boston sceneries (which I made so it shouldn't be an issue). All seemed well until I started flying the jets from HJG (707, Caravelle, DC-8) and its worth mentioning I've only flown the 707 since the crashes began. Once again I thought it was an AI texture, but calclassic AI has never given me any issues like this before. I've tried everything from digging out textures to turning off supersampling in NVIDIA Inspector (for some reason I cant fully disable multisampling). Any help?
    "If you have your eyes set to the sky, son, then I'm up there with you," - My dad, days before his death

So, um, what operating system are you using?.

If you use good textures and good scenery, FS never crashes. That is the solution.

Sorry I didnt include my specs, here they are.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
    Intel Core i7-3630QM w/ 4 Cores
    2.40 GHz speed
    8 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT650M Video Card w/ 2GB memory
    "If you have your eyes set to the sky, son, then I'm up there with you," - My dad, days before his death

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JSkorna View Post
    If you use good textures and good scenery, FS never crashes. That is the solution.
    Do you really believe that? I don't.

David

Quote Originally Posted by shanwick View Post
    Do you really believe that? I don't.

David
    OK, how about 99.9% of the time?

I too use Win7 64bit and found that running in XP (SP3) compatibility mode removed system caused crashes. These started for me after one of those mass MS updates and happened any time between 45 minutes and an hour into the flight, anywhere in the world. Checking the Windows error logs revealed that it was always one of two dlls at fault. The added bonus of running in this mode is that it brings back the original method of adding scenery folders in Addon Scenery.

OK, how about 99.9% of the time?
    You could at least try to be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by copperpen View Post
    I too use Win7 64bit and found that running in XP (SP3) compatibility mode removed system caused crashes. These started for me after one of those mass MS updates and happened any time between 45 minutes and an hour into the flight, anywhere in the world. Checking the Windows error logs revealed that it was always one of two dlls at fault. The added bonus of running in this mode is that it brings back the original method of adding scenery folders in Addon Scenery.
    Thanks for this info, I will try this tonight

See this post.

See this post.

Lol