Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boeing 787 Finally Released

1. Default

Another thing to add: How do I add the VC cockpit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SunWing737 View Post
    Another thing to add: How do I add the VC cockpit.
    Unfortunately there is no VC. If you have the Aerosim 787 then I guess you could try to add that.

TCX559K/Joel
    Aircraft Repainter- NOT taking any requests currently!

3. Default

Oh other than that, it is one good looking plane and great for a freeware, even though I barely use the vc, I use it for additional views and I like to look around the plane.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SunWing737 View Post
    Oh other than that, it is one good looking plane and great for a freeware, even though I barely use the vc, I use it for additional views and I like to look around the plane.
    Same, I would have liked a VC but I'm just glad we have such a high quality aircraft. I cannot wait to paint this bird.

TCX559K/Joel
    Aircraft Repainter- NOT taking any requests currently!

Can you please explain exactly step by step what you did? There are 3 files as I see it.(fds788_trent_boeing_n787ba.zip, tdsx788mdl_ie80.zip and a tds788trent_ana_ja801a.zip). I usually can figure these things out but I am stumped. I have the ANA and the base Boeing installed as separate planes. Neither have any lights other than the taxi and landing lights. I have all the Effect in my Effects folder. hanks, Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by familton View Post
    Can you please explain exactly step by step what you did? There are 3 files as I see it.(fds788_trent_boeing_n787ba.zip, tdsx788mdl_ie80.zip and a tds788trent_ana_ja801a.zip). I usually can figure these things out but I am stumped. I have the ANA and the base Boeing installed as separate planes. Neither have any lights other than the taxi and landing lights. I have all the Effect in my Effects folder. hanks, Bob.
    The ANA and the Boeing each need a file from the base pack. The Boeing needs the trent1000.zip and the ANA needs the GENX.zip
    Last edited by mrzippy; 06-28-2013 at 07:48 AM.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Take everything I say with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper! There's no such thing as too much garlic!

Blog Entries

Man this is just like the good ole days when some good freeware was released and 3 or 4 threads popped up all over the forums and everybody talked about it for days on end. Does my heart good. I downloaded it yesterday afternoon but haven't got it in the sim yet. Looks like the base pack has FSX native models so we should be able to alias the 737 VC for the time being. Going to have a play now...

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    The ANA and the Boeing each need a file from the base pack. The Boeing needs the trent1000.zip and the ANA needs the GENX.zip
    I am still confused. Both aircraft.cfg's say the planes have Trent 895 engines as far as I can see.

There are two downloads that result in two complete airplanes (TDS788TRENT_ANA_JA801A and

TDS788TRENT_BOEING_N787BA) both of which are Trent engines. There are two model files

(tdsx788mdl_ie80.zip and tdsx788mdl_ie90.zip) which have mdl's and sounds for Trent and

GenX engines.

For model files (tdsx788mdl_ie80.zip and tdsx788mdl_ie90.zip is it true that the ie90

replaces the ie80 verson and we can disregard the ie80 version?

Is it correct that all we have to do is to place the ie90 Trent model files (model and

dsound) into each of the above airplane folders replacing the existing folders?

If this is correct that's what I have done and I still only get landing and taxi lights.

Please help me. Thanks, Bob.

Sorry chief, I downloaded only the Boeing 787 and on my first test flight (Dusk to Darkness) is when I saw only the landing lights working and no wing lights or beacon lights, and the nav switch turning the panel light on and off. Are you using the utility panel for the lights? (Shift+8) brings up the panel.

I then downloaded the basepack and substituted the Trent1000 Model folder into my 787 folder. I'm using a 757 sound folder because of the great sounding Rolls Royce engines.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Take everything I say with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper! There's no such thing as too much garlic!

Hi. OK. Thanks. Which model file did you use? Was it the one in the ie80 or the ie90 file? There is no readme that means anything in either file. If the ie90 replaces the ie80 they should have said so. Bob.