Thread: Recommendations for computer headset

1. Question Recommendations for computer headset

Hello all,

I am looking for recommendations for a PC/laptop headset to use on teamspeak when I am playing FSX. I tried hooking up my Turtlebeach headset from my xbox to my laptop but when I ran the sound test usingthe teamspeak setup wizard I ran into two problems:

1.) Talkback - I'm not sure if that's correct term to use, but basically I could always hear myself talking (with a delay of about one second). This was incredibly annoying and made it difficult to communicate.

2.) The cables are just way too long and hard to manage - probably since it was designed to be hooked up to a console that you wouldn't usually be sitting right in front of.

So would anyone recommend headsets to use while using teamspeak with FSX? The first problem is really the key issue I am trying to get around; the second issue is an annoyance but it's not a deal breaker.

Oh and I'm not looking for anything top-of-the-line; just a solid headset that offers clear communications.
    Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz / Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler / G.Skill Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory / EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card / Corsair Professional 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply / Azza Hurrican 2000R ATX Full Tower Case

It's been a long time but #1 is solved with some settings changes on the Mic screen in Windows. I don't think it is the headset and any set would would do the same right now for you.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JSkorna View Post
    It's been a long time but #1 is solved with some settings changes on the Mic screen in Windows. I don't think it is the headset and any set would would do the same right now for you.
    Oh really? Ok, I'll have to look into that tomorrow when I get home from work. Thanks for the heads up!
    Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz / Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler / G.Skill Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory / EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card / Corsair Professional 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply / Azza Hurrican 2000R ATX Full Tower Case

I don't use Teamspeak, but for my headset I use a Logitech G930, which works great. It's wireless and has 5.1 surround sound, which is very noticeable while looking around my cockpit with my TrackIR.

My wife calls me an "Uber-Geek", but what the hell, it's all about immersion!

5. Default

As it turns out, I needed to mute my laptop. DOH!