Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need Help With Lukla Freeware Scenery

1. Default

Some duffer's idea of joke? Notice "Harry Patten" hasn't come forward to defend his stellar work.
    M. Slim

WinXP Pro SP3 Intel Core Duo CPU E7500
    2.93ghz 4GB Ram nVidia GTX480

Quote Originally Posted by mslim View Post
    Some duffer's idea of joke? Notice "Harry Patten" hasn't come forward to defend his stellar work.
    Rechecking his README there is also no way to contact him. After trying it like napamule2, and rolling down the slope, my suggestion is to have it removed from the downloads.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Take everything I say with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper! There's no such thing as too much garlic!

There is more software available again today 6/1/13 on the airport from Tampa which shows this patten fellow as the maker. It has an installer so if you install it and its bad, you may never get rid of it. Anyone verify the veracity of this date yet including the Lukla thing?
    Brian W.

Quad Core Asus board, 3.3 gz not yet overclocked, boost to 3.8, EVGA GTX 550.ti, 8 gigs ram, 1.5 T HDD, Win 7, 64bit,

Quote Originally Posted by svpst View Post
    There is more software available again today 6/1/13 on the airport from Tampa which shows this patten fellow as the maker. It has an installer so if you install it and its bad, you may never get rid of it. Anyone verify the veracity of this date yet including the Lukla thing?
    I NEVER do the auto-innstall! I downloaded it to a folder in My Documents and did the manual put the KTPA folder in the AddonScenery folder and added the area in the library. IMHO this is a NO GO scenery addon! Look for yourself. Big Black Thingys.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tampa1.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	149022

Name:	tampa2.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	149023

Name:	tampa3.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	149024

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Take everything I say with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper! There's no such thing as too much garlic!

5. Default

Maybe the Library Mod needs to take a good luck at "Harry Patten's" work before uploading it? What's up with this guy?
    M. Slim

WinXP Pro SP3 Intel Core Duo CPU E7500
    2.93ghz 4GB Ram nVidia GTX480

Blog Entries

It appears he has objects that you dont have and are not included in his file.
    Intel 4790k@ 4.6 1.223V Gigabyte GAZ87X-UD3H, Gigabyte GTX 680 2Gig GPU, 8 Gig Cas 11 2100 Mhz ram, Win 7 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by mjrhealth View Post
    It appears he has objects that you dont have and are not included in his file.
    That's a good possibility! It would be nice if he said something to that effect in his readme file. So far, he has 2 fairly worthless scenery files in the library.

8. Default

I am aware of harry patten's scenery. I once had his dissapointing london city airport and lugano x after it looked pretty good in the file photo. All it basically was was gathering some default scenery objects and clunking them together it felt no different. But i decided to download his tampa scenery but after looking at some of his pic thats ther other guy posted here, do you suppose he stole some texture files and other stuff from some payware demos and hence the big black blocks around the area?

Quote Originally Posted by muld3r View Post
    I am aware of harry patten's scenery. I once had his dissapointing london city airport and lugano x after it looked pretty good in the file photo. All it basically was was gathering some default scenery objects and clunking them together it felt no different. But i decided to download his tampa scenery but after looking at some of his pic thats ther other guy posted here, do you suppose he stole some texture files and other stuff from some payware demos and hence the big black blocks around the area?
    I think he stole the monoliths from "2001 A Space Odyssey" but I don't think they measure 1x3x9.

Comparing the defective Lukla to Google Earth reveals that the location is the only thing Harry Patten got right. If you are serious about an accurate Lukla I can't recommend enough the payware AeroSoft LuklaX.The download version is now less than $20 US and it is accurate and hard as hell to land on. Having been to Lukla in 2000 while they were paving the runway(we had to helicopter in and out from Paphlu) I can attest to the accuracy of the placement and layout that Aerosoft did on this strip. I'm sorry that you had to put up with the poor quality of someones "work" and hope you can rid your sim of it for good.
    unclegreg