Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FSX acceleration.. What does it fix??

1. Question FSX acceleration.. What does it fix??

I currently run FSX Delux(2006) with NO sp's and SDKsp1A.

I am looking into installing the acceleration pack, but am not sure what it will fix on my FSX.

Does acceleration fix:

1. Stuttering/hesitation in replay when in spot view?

2. When looking from tower view, the inside of the tower (panels, people) are not blurry images?

3. ANY problems with having auto-spoiler NOT deploy on landing?

4. ANY problems with ground/aircraft lighting (Taxi light "ground splash" not showing)?

5. FSX crashes to desktop when acivating the "airport ground traffic" slider?

Are these problems still there when acceleration is installed or have they been fixed?

Thanks.

Scott

Acceleration is not a FIX. It's an addition to your FSX sim giving you additional Missions and things like aircraft landing on carriers with arresting cables and good stuff like that.

1.Watching replay, use the "Locked Spot" view and hit (shift+A) several times to get the view you want. It really smooths out the quality of the replay.

2. Probably not.

3. Read the recent thread on that subject here in the FSX forum.

4. Light splash on the ground is part of the aircraft model. Bean said it best by not trying to fly an AI aircraft that's been modified to fly by a simmer.

5. Crashes are caused by trying to do too much and your computer just can't handle it.

P.S. put in your sp's
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Take everything I say with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper! There's no such thing as too much garlic!

Zippy is not quite right.

Acceleration contains all the fixes introduced in FSX SP1 and SP2, details on which are readily available and not required to be reiterated here. There are fundamental fixes included.

And then in addition it introduces the various new elements he mentions. All of which is utterly simply to find by a Google search
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fsx+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Therefore you can retain your default FSX and add SP1 and SP2 to see if there are any benefits to our system. Then switch to Acceleration to add the new stuff.

However, as he benefits of FSX Acceleration are long-established as it was released in 2006/2007, you need only google the search term to find literally thousands of pages on the benefits and demerits.

Your post indicates an unfamiliarity with the problems you describe, most of which have nothing whatsoever to do with Acceleration. I suspect you may have been misled by idiots, and as you are new here (where the real knowledge is), if you would like to re-phrase the questions in order to have a technically-proficient answer.

At the very least you SHOULD install both Service Packs and I am interested to know on whose foolish advice you have not?

4. Default

This is the post I am referring to:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...g+acceleration

Jvile seems to indicate that because there are 27,280 files that have been added/overwritten that things have changed. (Page 3)

I guess I won't really know until I install and run it...

Scott

Blog Entries

Simply put each sp fixes something and breaks another. Acceleration is basically SP2 with some additions, it does break a few things but sp2 or acceleration are needed for a lot of addons free, and payware these days. Best thing is install it than tweak it over time.
    Intel 4790k@ 4.6 1.223V Gigabyte GAZ87X-UD3H, Gigabyte GTX 680 2Gig GPU, 8 Gig Cas 11 2100 Mhz ram, Win 7 64 Bit

6. Default

One thing for sure if you plan on using a 64 bit OS than you have no choice as the Deluxe version of FSX will not run on a 64 bit system.
    You have to use FSX Gold and that comes with Acceleration. So Acceleration is doing something else beside having the service packs on it.
    Gary M Buska
    ASUS PZ68 PRO Gen 3 12 gigs ram (1800mhz) GTX550TI video card I7 INTEL QUAD CORE processor Windows 8 64 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by garybuska View Post
    One thing for sure if you plan on using a 64 bit OS than you have no choice as the Deluxe version of FSX will not run on a 64 bit system.
    You have to use FSX Gold and that comes with Acceleration. So Acceleration is doing something else beside having the service packs on it.
    My Deluxe version runs just fine on my 64bit OS. Where do you come up with some of your statements?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JSkorna View Post
    My Deluxe version runs just fine on my 64bit OS. Where do you come up with some of your statements?
    Same here..
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 1 GB AMD Radeon HD 6770 graphics card Windows 7

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vomacka View Post
    I currently run FSX Delux(2006) with NO sp's and SDKsp1A.
    Why are you running FSX with no SP's and running the SDK with a non-matching SP? You are asking for many problems in this configuration. If you run FSX with no SP's, you should be running the SDK with no SP's also. Your FSX configuration and your SDK configuration should match.

Quote Originally Posted by garybuska View Post
    Total misinformation.