Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Editing FSX bgl files.

It's available, but I do not know it. However having spent some years in Crete, (this is how this thread got started), my Greek is reasonable, so I can help you there.
    Kali nikta.
    Laurence

That means then that the Grid reference is through the central axis. Thanks Bean.
    Laurence.

It's all Greek to me!

Jim through you, I want to thank everybody for their help so far. A great learning curve and fun. I shall pursue OPT and the other tools in SDK, but wish there was an overall Reference guide in layman's English to follow it. I am sure the whole facility is good. Which way to go for photorealistic scenery, and my dream of dreams, to build a VC. I have bought Instant Scenery 2 which is fun, and fast, but I would rather master all of the SDK utilities.
    Thanks again.

Hi,

Everything in the SDK seems to blend together making it hard to focus on the salient points. And to make matters worse the latest version of the documentation is in the CHM format. The CHM version supports some graphics that the previous HTML version doesn't but I'm no longer able to edit it. So, I've taken the HTML version from Disk 2 and incorporated what new material I could from the CHM version. I can correct problems I find and have also re-formatted things to my liking. I've included a sample.
    Jim F.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	147900  

Jim I got this file in PDF which you could switch to docx for editing if you want to!

Hi,

I think I'm OK. At least for now. I've made extensive edits and except for one section involving graphics it's relatively complete. I'll check for the problem section and when I locate that area I'll post and maybe you can take a look at it and see about possible conversion. It's no big deal as I have both versions installed. So you went from the CHM to PDF and now docx can edit it; is that right?
    I realize how wordy my procedure for adding scenery was. Once you know how to do it it boils down to; fly to the area you want the scenery, open the OPT and Add the Scenery object(s), save the scenery, convert to BGL and activate.
    Jim

Jim I followed your instructions without problem. Don't knock yourself. It's a huge pool by the looks of things and I am just learning to paddle. I don't have the file in doc, but pdf, and from there it can be converted to Word format for editing.
    Have a good day.
    L

Hi,
    I think my procedure needs an introduction similar to my boiled down description. Should make it less intimidating.
    The area of the SDK I couldn't convert to HTML can be found by going to the SDK introductory page and in the "New for the SDK SP1A update"/"Environment Kit" there is a "FSXMaterial" link. Clicking on that link goes to the problem page. Scrolling down a ways shows images of a teapot and then hovering the mouse over text on the left shows various graphic effects on the teapot. There are multiple teapots and multiple effects shown. It's all very neat and far beyond my understanding, in any event.
    Jim

Fascinating! 3ds Max, G Max, Mad Max! Woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Now I am learning!
    Take care Jim, and thanks again.
    Laurence