Thread: FSrealWX lite Startup

Default FSrealWX lite Startup

What's best, start FSX first then FSrealWX up ur start the weather engine first then FSX?
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

FSX must be started with your flight being ready for engine start, or however your default is set. I then go to windowed mode and start FSRealweather Lite and let it do it's thing for the METAR setup and send the info to the sim. Then I go back to full screen mode, flap my wings and fly.

If you notice, when starting the weather program first, it says "FSX not running"
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Take everything I say with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper! There's no such thing as too much garlic!

Yes, I saw that. I wondered cause I often take off, land and then move to another airport and watch the weather change. Just wondered what the best steps are when starting up.
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Quote Originally Posted by usb777 View Post
    Yes, I saw that. I wondered cause I often take off, land and then move to another airport and watch the weather change. Just wondered what the best steps are when starting up.
    usb777, I've tried both methods and both work, but I usually run the weather program first, capture the METARS, then start FSX.

Blog Entries

The programme gets the weather from the nearest weather station to where you are flying,so if fsx isnt running and you have not selected an airport it doesnt know. I start it when about same time as fsx it only takes a few secs, than once you are at your selected airport, it starts downloading the weather.
    Intel 4790k@ 4.6 1.223V Gigabyte GAZ87X-UD3H, Gigabyte GTX 680 2Gig GPU, 8 Gig Cas 11 2100 Mhz ram, Win 7 64 Bit

Start it, click `start`, then launch FSX. After that everything runs in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post
    Start it, click `start`, then launch FSX. After that everything runs in the background.
    Didn't want to click the button next to "Start" and send it to your sim and then go fly? I figured that's how the sim knows what the weather is??
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Take everything I say with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper! There's no such thing as too much garlic!

Blog Entries

I don't think it matters. Just yesterday I started weather lite first, then the sim. Once FSX loaded, I double checked the weather and it was loading the conditions at my startup airport. Pretty spot on, I might add.(82 degrees with some cloud cover in Vegas)
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 1 GB AMD Radeon HD 6770 graphics card Windows 7

9. Default

Thanks to all for the suggestion on FSRealWX, and I have downloaded it and used it per the guidelines in this thread. However, whenever I start it and load it into FSX, and then start the flight, it takes a really very long time to load - sometimes two or three minutes. Is this what I should expect.

Since I do not seem to have the problems that others have reported on FSX real-world weather (it seems to be accurate for the airports I am flying in the UK), I have just gone back to using it for the time being until I sort this long loading problem with FSRealWX.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Mike