Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: FlightMap - Android Google Map Tracking (GPS Like) for Flight Simulator X

1. Cool FlightMap 1.7 released to beta testers

I just released a new beta to my beta testers. This version is focused mostly on stability and performance but there are a few features added in as well.

FlightConnect 1.7.0 Changes:

• Added active waypoint name to param list
    • Added detected server ip address to icon hover info display
    • Fixed some internationalization issues with number formats when machine is set to use , instead of . for double values

FlightMap 1.7 Changes:

• I’ve completely rewritten the networking code. This is a huge change. I did this to improve performance as well as make updating the code easier. I’ve moved a lot of the calculations that were being done on the UI thread into the networking thread. I’ve also optimized the heck out of all of the code.
    • Added active waypoint name to the display for gps waypoints. I’ve moved some things around and got rid of the course to steer from the display. I think it follows most GPS’s now.
    • I’ve added alert dialog boxes that provide more information now when FlightMap is unable to connect to FlightConnect.
    • I’ve really tried to get the compass rose to be visible on all of the display types. I’ve doubled the contrast on the non-satellite views and I’ve gone with a different colored compass rose for the satellite views. I think this really helps but please let me know what you all think!!!
    • Added 2 more commercial jets and a cessna 208 to the follow me plane selection

2. Default

I’ve just released an update to FlightConnect that fixes and issue with international characters. If you are having a problem where FlightMap connects and you get to the map but nothing ever updates then this version will fix that. This version also includes a change for the next version of FlightMap and some performance enhancements. FlightMap v1.7 is still in beta testing and will likely be released around the middle of next week.

Please check out my blog at http://vineripesoftware.wordpress.com/FlightConnect for more information.

3. Default

Is there a way to find out what version of FlightConnect I currently have?

For that matter, is there a way to find out what version of FlightMap I have on my tablet?

4. Default

There are several ways to check the version of FlightConnect. if you left or right click on the icon in the system tray you can open up the about dialog. That looks like this:

Name:  about.png
Views: 267
Size:  63.9 KB

In the start menu folder for "Vine Ripe Consulting" is a readme shortcut that will give you the currently installed version number as well.

For FlightMap you can always check the Play store to make sure you are on the latest version. Open up the Play store and then go to the "My Apps" section. If there is an update available it will show it there. You can also open up the android app try and long press the app you want info about and drag it to the top of the screen where it says info. That will open up the application properties page and tell you all the info you could ever want on an app

iPad?
    Corsair C70 Corsair AX850 Asus z77 Sabertooth Intel i7 3770K 4.4GHz Liquid cooled with Corsair H110 16 GB nVidia GTX 680 Corsair Dominator Ram 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD Windows 7 Ultimate all running FSX on it's own 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro and a WD 1TB Black for Back Up. Finally something that will run FSX decently!

6. Default

I don't have the ability to develop for the iPad right now. The hardware needed to build the software and the licenses and everything are just way to expensive for me. Maybe one day tho.

7. Cool FlightMap Version 1.7.2 Released to the Play Store

I’ve just released the latest version of FlightMap to the Play Store. At the same time I also updated the trial version.

The main focus for this version was performance optimizations but I have added in a few new features as well. I've added the GPS waypoint ID to the display while taking away the course to steer. The waypoint ID was a frequent request. I've also added a few new follow aircraft to round out the jet population and improved the compass rose display so it is more visible on each of the map types. I've also added seconds to the ETE display

You can find these versions at the following locations:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....vrs.flightmap
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lightmap.trial

The new version should be rolling out to all regions in the next 24 hours.

I let this remain in the FSX forum, so, the word would get out and folks could try it.
    Now that Beta is done, and it is a commercial product, off to the proper forum we go...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), HD 7970
    64GB Vengeance @ 1666MHz, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

9. Default

I'm working on adding documentation videos to the website to show how to install and run FlightMap. The first video talks about installing and running the FlightConnect server on your PC.

More information on FlightConnect and the video are at my blog here:
    http://vineripesoftware.wordpress.com/flightconnect/

10. Default

I've put out a new feature overview video that is around 9 minutes long and describes the entire feature set of FlightMap and how to use each feature. I hope this video will help out anyone who is confused on how the product works.