I just released a new beta to my beta testers. This version is focused mostly on stability and performance but there are a few features added in as well.
FlightConnect 1.7.0 Changes:
- Added active waypoint name to param list
- Added detected server ip address to icon hover info display
- Fixed some internationalization issues with number formats when machine is set to use , instead of . for double values
FlightMap 1.7 Changes:
- I’ve completely rewritten the networking code. This is a huge change. I did this to improve performance as well as make updating the code easier. I’ve moved a lot of the calculations that were being done on the UI thread into the networking thread. I’ve also optimized the heck out of all of the code.
- Added active waypoint name to the display for gps waypoints. I’ve moved some things around and got rid of the course to steer from the display. I think it follows most GPS’s now.
- I’ve added alert dialog boxes that provide more information now when FlightMap is unable to connect to FlightConnect.
- I’ve really tried to get the compass rose to be visible on all of the display types. I’ve doubled the contrast on the non-satellite views and I’ve gone with a different colored compass rose for the satellite views. I think this really helps but please let me know what you all think!!!
- Added 2 more commercial jets and a cessna 208 to the follow me plane selection