Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FSX Real World Weather Issues

Default FSX Real World Weather Issues

Hey Guys, I Seem To Have A Issue Involving The FSX Real World Weather

The Weather Looks The Same As Weeks Ago And Has Never Changed.

Although I Use FSX SP2 And I Use the Real World Weather (Updates Every 15 Minutes) Option, Then I Checked This Website Here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841214 And Nothing Seems To Solve My Problem, Also I Tried To Reinstall SP2 With Deleting the weather.dll File Before Uninstalling it And It Still Doesn't Work, Then I Tried To Repair FSX And It Still Does Not Solve My Problem, And Then I Checked Out This Website http://fs2k.zone.com And It Said That My Internet Is Capable Of Downloading Real World Weather Via FSX

Now I Don't Know What To Do !!!!!!
    Aviation Expert And Future Air Traffic Controller

Kind Regards

This not the first thread on the subject. During the past few weeks we've had CAVU conditions many days over the Southern U.S. but "REAL WORLD WEATHER" was always dismal. I'm so fed up with everything being dam near 10/10ths clouds that once I'm upstairs I change it to the "FAIR WEATHER" option. Altimeter at 29.92 anyway and I can see lots of terrain below.

Fellas, I believe the deal is: ain't nobody home at Real World Weather because Microsoft have terminated their contract with Jeppesen, I believe, many months ago when they quit supporting FSX.

I have been using that Real Weather Lite thing for a while now and I am very pleased with it. AAS 2012 and REX may both be better (you get what you pay for) but those seem to be the choices at the moment.

FSX Real World Weather never was worth a damn anyway.

The default Jeppeson still works for most people, but it's spotty. The data for more obscure stations are not getting updated as frequently as they used to.
    -Pv-

5. Default

If you want a good weather program than spend a few $$$$$ and checkout the following link
    http://www.hifitechinc.com/
    I hate to sound like I am pushing this program But by far this is the best weather program out there
    The best thing I like is if you have both FSX and FS9 use Active Sky Evolution it supports both.
    But do not take my word for it just check out the reviews from sites like AVSIM and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by pvarn View Post
    The default Jeppeson still works for most people, but it's spotty. The data for more obscure stations are not getting updated as frequently as they used to.
    -Pv-
    Mm....tried JFK, and it was giving me clear weather, which is far from what the weather really is over there right around this time.
    Captain Kevin

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway four left, cleared for take-off.

Blog Entries

how is a free and not to bad program.

http://www.hanse-coders.net/

Try it being using it fora while now
    Intel 4790k@ 4.6 1.223V Gigabyte GAZ87X-UD3H, Gigabyte GTX 680 2Gig GPU, 8 Gig Cas 11 2100 Mhz ram, Win 7 64 Bit

I'm an AC2012 user. I just loaded the Jeppeson a moment ago at JFK and I got the correct weather. Cloudy and rainy. If you have the dynamics slider set to low and you previously had clear and calm loaded, it can take up to an hour for the weather to transition to the new characteristic. No change will transition immediately. Very high will transition in 15 minutes.
    -Pv-

Default Jeppsen Weather

If the marrage between Microsoft and Jeppsen has been broken, then what are we really getting when we check the live weather opption in FSX as well as FS9? When I check the opption I still get a change but of what? Is the joke again on all of us?
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Quote Originally Posted by mjrhealth View Post
    how is a free and not to bad program.

http://www.hanse-coders.net/

Try it being using it fora while now
    Yeah, I probably should have pointed out that I tried that one and that one worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvarn View Post
    I'm an AC2012 user. I just loaded the Jeppeson a moment ago at JFK and I got the correct weather. Cloudy and rainy. If you have the dynamics slider set to low and you previously had clear and calm loaded, it can take up to an hour for the weather to transition to the new characteristic. No change will transition immediately. Very high will transition in 15 minutes.
    -Pv-
    I don't have AC2012. I tried both default weather and the FS Weather Lite. Default weather was still giving me weather from last week. FS Weather Lite worked fine and gave me the correct weather at JFK.
    Captain Kevin

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway four left, cleared for take-off.