Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Compatible joystick with P3D

1. Default Compatible joystick with P3D

Hi guys, I'm looking for a new joystick for P3D because I'm having throttle (slider)problems with my Thrustmaster T.Flight stick. For some reason the slider won't give me 100% thrust when it is in the max and when I turn it to low 0 % it won't react. I have to use F1 - F4. For max thrust I press f4 on the keyboard but when I release f4, the thrust drops to idle.....? Pretty sucky.... So please help what to do and recommand me a proper joystick.

Thnx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by randywest View Post
    Hi guys, I'm looking for a new joystick for P3D because I'm having throttle (slider)problems with my Thrustmaster T.Flight stick. For some reason the slider won't give me 100% thrust when it is in the max and when I turn it to low 0 % it won't react. I have to use F1 - F4. For max thrust I press f4 on the keyboard but when I release f4, the thrust drops to idle.....? Pretty sucky.... So please help what to do and recommand me a proper joystick.

Thnx

In the options/settings/controls screen in P3d, have you made sure all the sliders for sensitivity are at max, and all the sliders for null zone are at minimum, for each of your input devices if you have more than one?

It can cause erratic behaviour of your joystick if you don't set the sliders up properly.

To answer your first question I have used one Saitek joystick, the x52 pro without any trouble in P3D and two Saitek yokes: the standard one and the Cessna one in P3D again without any difficulty, as long as those sliders are set correctly. (Using Windows 7,64bit)

Hope that helps.

John
    Last edited by johnan; 02-16-2013 at 05:15 PM.

3. Default Compatible joystick with P3D

Thnx for quick response John. I'm gonna take a look at the sliders and try to set these properly. If not, I'll make a screenshot of the current settings of my sliders and upload it.

Thnx

edit:

ok here it is, would you please have a look ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	276.7 KB 
ID:	142963

Last edited by randywest; 02-16-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: picture settings

4. Default

I adjusted the null zones to 1 and throttle to max 127 and throttle null zone to 1. null zone of the ailerons and elevators set to 1. but why are they at 36 and 64 ?

For some reason I have found also that after putting these sliders in their correct position, and then leave the screen to go back to the sim, the setting doesn't always "stick" and I have had to go back and do it again.
    It is probably just me but if you still have trouble, go back to the joystick settings screen and make sure the sliders did stay where you put them!

John

I also use the Saitek X52, CH yoke, CH Throttle Quadrant and Rudders. Only I use FSUIPC and have all the axis and buttons mapped there.

Vic
    P3D Rig
    I7 3770K @ 4.73ghz Asus Sabertooth Z77 16G G.Skill 1600 7-8-7-24 2T 2 x EVGAGTX780 SLI Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF 942 - Corsiar H100i Liquid Cooler W7 64 Home Premium.

As Vic also said, I'd also advise you to drop the P3D assignments, get FSUIPC, configure everything and be happy. It works, if your hardware isn't broken that is

8. Default

I use FSUIPC for my thrustmaster warthog and the options is endless. Get it.

9. Default Compatible joystick with P3D

I just bought fsuipc and it works great. Very easy to set up the joystick. Press the SET button in FSUIPC and move the throttle up snd down and it is set! Great peace of software! Thnx guys

Yeah, and don't forget the profiles - for example, different setup of throttle axes for a 737 and 747 for instance. I have 6-axes Saitek and PFC TQ, so this comes really in handy. Whatever aircraft I fly, I just set the profile and off I go.