Thread: Anyone know FSrealWX?

1. Default Anyone know FSrealWX?

Hi all, i recently started using this lovely piece of software, However i'm having a slight issue, When using it i have noticed the speed on my aircraft display shows 000kts.. For some odd reason, I don't know what to do to fix it, If i close FSrealWX and just download a weather snapshot the speed returns to normal.

Is there something within FSrealWX that i would need to change?

Thank you!

Blog Entries

Your pitot tube is icing up, you need to turn on pitot heat. Shift+H if you can't find a pitot heat switch on the panel (many don't have one).

Jim

i7 2600K @ 4.4 gHz | GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | GTX770/4Gb | 8 Gb DDR3 @ 1866 | Crucial M4 256Gb SSD (x2) | 1Tb WD Caviar 6Gb/sec | 27" ASUS Monitor | W7 Pro 64

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    Your pitot tube is icing up, you need to turn on pitot heat. Shift+H if you can't find a pitot heat switch on the panel (many don't have one).

Jim

Thank you very much! That worked

Yeah, I had that problem too. All of a sudden my IAS would go zero on me and the autopilot would speed up the engines. I had to manually adjust the throttle and look at the GPS to get an idea at how fast I was going. Then I asked here about it and told me to turn on pilot heat.