Thread: Experiencing stutters on horizontal movement

1. Default Experiencing stutters on horizontal movement

Hello folks. I hope someone can help me with the following problem: I am getting suttering when I turn the plane (default Cessna), or when I change direction / yaw while in Slew mode. This does not happen when I ascend, descend, travel in a straight line, but only when I want to turn around. It feels as if I would be getting really low FPS, when in fact Fraps shows constantly a good amount of frames (even over 50 frames depending on settings). All my testing has happened over Seattle. I spent some time trying to figure out a good combination of fsx.cfg tweaks that I found around, but so far I didn't get lucky. Here are my specs and settings:

PC: CPU i5-2500k at factory settings, GPU AMD HD7850 at factory settings with Catalyst 13.1 and 12.10 a few days ago, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 7 64bit

Driver settings overriding game settings: 4xSSAA, 16xAF, Tripple buffering On

Game settings: 1680x1050x32 resolution, terrain and water almost on max, scenery extremelly dense, autogen very dense, no shadows, clear weather, all traffic on zero

FSX.CFG tweaks: HIGHMEMFIX=1, ForceFullScreenVSync=1, TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096, LOD_RADIUS=6.500000

I tried also AffinityMask=14 and Poolsize=0, but I didn't see any change on my issue. I locked the framerate at 60, 50, 45, 30 without noticeable change in the horizontal stuttering. I saw on the internet other settings being changed around, but I didn't really understand to which values to change them, so I left them alone.

I hope I didn't miss anything relating the settings, and I hope you understand what is the problem I'm facing. If needed, I'll try to re-explain. If anyone has an idea what other tweaks I might try to be able to get rid of stuttering when I change direction, please post.

Thank you.

You could give a VSYNC TWEAK from my guide a go... this usually solves those horizontal stutters you are describing.
    http://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/f...ardware-guide/

Nvidia`s new option to halve the refresh rate was the single most dramatic improvement in my CPU`s performance. I can run FSX with all the sliders (except water) to the right with dense to very dense scenery settings at a steady 30fps in most scenery areas on a five year old computer.

Thanks for the tips Kosta, that`s where I learned about this great VSYNC tweak.

How do we do that and where in the program?

Read the guide linked in Kosta's post...
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), HD 7970
    64GB Vengeance @ 1666MHz, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

6. Default

Thank you for the reply Kosta, but unfortunatelly I have an AMD card, so that tweak cannot be applied in my case. Unless there is a hidden miracle tweak, I guess I'll have to bear with the current situation and be happy the game runs smooth with only this exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevin View Post
    Thank you for the reply Kosta, but unfortunatelly I have an AMD card, so that tweak cannot be applied in my case. Unless there is a hidden miracle tweak, I guess I'll have to bear with the current situation and be happy the game runs smooth with only this exception.
    In Catalyst Control Center/Gaming is a "Wait for Vertical Refresh" slider. It is similar to Vsync, so, try the different settings.
    It will probably work best if FPS is locked at 30 from within the sim. Mine does...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), HD 7970
    64GB Vengeance @ 1666MHz, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)