Thread: P3D North American Sightseeing Tour

Default P3D North American Sightseeing Tour

Just uploaded P3D_NASightseeing.zip - should be available shortly

Originally created by Wolfgang Schroeder - plans converted to P3D XML by vgbaron.

Low and slow sightseeing - Enjoy!

Vic
    Last edited by danl; 01-15-2013 at 06:13 AM.
    P3D Rig
    I7 3770K @ 4.73ghz Asus Sabertooth Z77 16G G.Skill 1600 7-8-7-24 2T 2 x EVGAGTX780 SLI Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF 942 - Corsiar H100i Liquid Cooler W7 64 Home Premium.

Quote Originally Posted by vgbaron View Post
    Just uploaded P3D_NASightseeing.zip - should be available shortly

Originally created by Wolfgang Schroeder - plans converted to P3D XML by vgbaron.

Low and slow sightseeing - Enjoy!

Vic

There you go Vic, I've added it to the list under "FlightPlans" and created a link in your message now that it is up in the library.

Now I have questions (I always have questions). How does a person load the file up and use it in FSX & P3D. What are the steps and what equipment do you use in the plane? How does it work. Everyday I get private email (PM) from new people that join the site. Some are new to flight simulation or new to flying an aircraft. They don't dare to ask what they would call the stupid questions in front of everyone so they send a PM to an admin or hopefully a moderator. So I figure I'll ask on the forum and see what people can tell me about how to use something like if I was a first time user of FlightPlans.

Thanks
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by danl View Post
    There you go Vic, I've added it to the list under "FlightPlans" and created a link in your message now that it is up in the library.

Now I have questions (I always have questions). How does a person load the file up and use it in FSX & P3D. What are the steps and what equipment do you use in the plane? How does it work. Everyday I get private email (PM) from new people that join the site. Some are new to flight simulation or new to flying an aircraft. They don't dare to ask what they would call the stupid questions in front of everyone so they send a PM to an admin or hopefully a moderator. So I figure I'll ask on the forum and see what people can tell me about how to use something like if I was a first time user of FlightPlans.

Thanks
    Dan
    Pretty much the same as FSX Dan without the select flight screen.

When P3D first loads it goes to the default flight. At that point, as in FSX, you click Flight/Flightplanner to open the flight planner. Click load and browse to your plan and load it. P3D will ask if you want your a/c moved. After it reloads at proper location, you can change aircraft, if you wish and then fly.

What happens in the cockpit is the same as FSX - depends on which type GPS or glass cockpit you are flying as to the next steps but, assuming you have an autopilot - set the AP on NAV - locate the NAV/GPS switch on the panel or the CDI button on the glass panel and switch it to GPS. After you take off, you switch on the AP and it will follow the flight plan. You will have to control altitude and the default a/c do not have VNav.

The Learning Center in P3D is excellent - lots of basic info for beginners and well worth the time.

Vic
    P3D Rig
    I7 3770K @ 4.73ghz Asus Sabertooth Z77 16G G.Skill 1600 7-8-7-24 2T 2 x EVGAGTX780 SLI Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF 942 - Corsiar H100i Liquid Cooler W7 64 Home Premium.