Thread: VSKYLABS Su-37 for X-Plane

Default VSKYLABS Su-37 for X-Plane

works in xplane 10.20 beta 10 64 bit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VSL_SU37_1.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	140776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VSL_SU37_2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	233.5 KB 
ID:	140777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VSL_SU37_3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	140778  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VSL_SU37_4.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	140779   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VSL_SU37_5.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	140780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VSL_SU37_6.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	140781  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VSL_SU37_7.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	140782  

2. Default

Why should it not work in 64 bit? It has no plugins. How fast does it go at FL300?

Well its for XPlane 9.70 as mentioned in the original post....just letting people know that it works with 10......

4. Default

They have changed the flight dynamic in xp10, quite mutch in the supersonic area. So the aircraft won't fly like it do in v9. So supersonic aircrafts needs some tweaking to fly like it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Doods View Post
    works in xplane 10.20 beta 10 64 bit
    Excellent, thanks for checking that out. Nice screen shots !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchicken View Post
    They have changed the flight dynamic in xp10, quite mutch in the supersonic area. So the aircraft won't fly like it do in v9. So supersonic aircrafts needs some tweaking to fly like it should.
    Are your tweaks in the simulator or do you make them to the aircraft?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by danl View Post
    Are your tweaks in the simulator or do you make them to the aircraft?
    You tweak the aircraft in planemaker. I notice the aircraft has very high drag on the fuselage. Weight and engine thrust is not correct in accordance with the spec of the SU-37.
    Last edited by Thunderchicken; 01-14-2013 at 09:50 AM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchicken View Post
    You tweak the aircraft in planemaker. I notice the aircraft has very high drag on the fuselage. Weight and engine thrust is not correct in accordance with the spec of the SU-37.
    Hi there.

The data is not correct according to the real Su-37 because it's already tweeked during the evaluation of the flight model. Now something important to know: When you fill up the weight data in planemaker (min/max etc...), which weight will you get when loading the plane? well...in x-plane you will get something in-between (not the minimum+fuel, but much more). In this particular model I wanted it to be setup as a "clean" and light configuration as it is in airshows (like the movie I made). To get it right out-of-the-box, I reduced the maximum weight to get the new "avarage" weight right on. (you can change the weight during flight via the weight and payload tab,but that requires people to "deal" with it prior to take off, if they want a light,clean configuration).

Regarding the high drag setting: The drag of the wings/fuselage is set to be high in this model because this kind of large aircraft platforms (f-15, su-27...), when maneuvering at high turn-rates, high alpha's, or at high g maneuvers - produce a lot of drag (it's like a tennis field maneuvering in the sky ). This is one of the reasons for fixing the powerfull engines in these fighters; They have to support the massive drag during these maneuvers and let the plane to maintain the highest turn rate without turning into a flying brick. For example, a lesson learned during the vietnam war: the F-4 Phantom couldn't support it's maximum turn rate speeds for long because of it's relatively low thrust to drag ratio at high angle of attack. Because of that, "going for the kill" (transferring it's speed into turn-rate in order to engage) at the wrong timing, or too much, caused it to reach low speeds, without the abillity to gain it back during the maneuver. It turned into a flying duck...while the agile small maneuvering mig's "turned the table...". In this model, lower drag setting didn't fill right for me. Speed didn't "worked" good enough during high G maneuvers, and acceleration was too fast in all aspects of flight...

This particular flight model is far from beeing complete or fine-tuned, but I set it up as a starting point in the development.

It turned out to be a long lecture...sorry...

That was an excellent read! You lecture all you want I learned a lot from what you wrote.

Thank You

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by danl View Post
    That was an excellent read! You lecture all you want I learned a lot from what you wrote.

Thank You
    Thank's.