Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creating Virtual Cockpits

1. Question !HI! Urgent

HI, thanks for the response back.
    Now what I'm trying to get help for is...

I need someone to show me the ropes for 1 complete build from scratch and I will take it from there so I can see how its done and to know that it's possible to make What I'm after...

All i want to get help and see how to do my self is how to make a complete small panel ,a few gauges 2-3 switches, (like the 747-200 APU panel) I would like to know how it is done in steps to final product for fs9 and want it to be just like Captain Sim Addon 707 panels for eg..I hope you can help in the right direction...

Just show me say how to create the Graphics Artwork 2D panel in 3DS Max 2012 or 2013... the base panel with high texture from real instrument photo or create from scratch the texture + one gauge + 1 switch that's complete with lighting ...>>

....>>>then what ever goes next like the code to make them function 100% in C++/GDI+ using VS2008 Express and or the XML Model Scripting...????

If I can see how to make a complete small panel,it would really mean allot to me I would try to learn everything from what is shown and go from there...
    I hope you can help ....Thank you

My rates are quite reasonable at only $140/hour.

Seriously, I was hoping my previous reply would have had enough clues to make my meaning crystal clear. No one has that much free time, and trying to "teach techniques" via forum posts is frankly quite impossible.

My advice remains the same as before; pick one of the major disciplines and then spend the time required to learn what you need by reading forum posts at FS Developer http://fsdeveloper.com/forum and YouTube video tutorials. The information is out there on the WWW, but you must make the effort to find it. Google.com can be your best friend there.

If you wish to learn 3d Modeling, then here is the best place to start: http://www.flightsimonline.com/C162/ ... This illustrated tutorial by Milton Schupe is the absolute best at teaching one how to setup and use GMax to create a Cessna C162 model. Milton even includes links to download sample .gmax source files to use during the course of study.

Be prepared to spend at least two or more years learning what you need to know for each of the four major disciplines.
    Last edited by n4gix; 05-27-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

3. Smile !HI!Sorry Buddy:((

HI,there Buddy
    Sorry for Inconvenience or anything else,I didn't want to upset anybody ,just excited in this design stuff..thank you for the your valuable time and effort to clear up a few things for me..

I would like to know from your professional expertise if by using .....the following below programs can make a full functioning Captain Sim 707 Classic add on for fs9.

***3DS Max 2012 or 2013***
    ***C++/GDI+ in VS2008***
    ***Graphics Artwork*** OR DO those designers Do it another way?????
    ***XML Model Scripting***

An I also had a look at Schupe's C162 site it does have interesting stuff,by following these Tutorials on his site would it teach me how to create most of what Captain Sim 707 Classic has done and or what i'm after?????
    That's what i'm wanting to know.!!!!!!I read on this site i think that creating a jumbo aircraft is easier then a small turboprop or Cessna????Is it True

Also just general Info for my liking later on,buddy "How and with what program/s does one create a LEVEL-D Aircraft and and SDK to go with it that exports DataRefs? and can a bmp Gauge image drawn in photoshop CS4 be made to function and exported, for an VS2008 Winform application or FS9???

Sorry for all these questions,but i'm eager to find out from the best like yourself others ,cos searching the net on level-d and sdk package creation i could not find anything!!!!! So I thank you for going out of your way to explain things for me))

You have a good list of the essential programs already. What you don't have listed is the expertise that is absolutely necessary to create any form of "LevelD" or "CS" level of depth.

While some competence in XML scripting will be required for non-default animations in the actual compiled model (.mdl) file, all of the actual gauge programming must be accomplished in C++/GDI+, since XML simply isn't flexible enough to create in depth systems programming.

As for what is easier to begin with, you have it precisely backwards. A simple general aviation aircraft such as a C162 or C172 with an all "steam gauge" (IOW, mechanical) panel is much easier than a complex multi-engine airliner with 560+ animated switches and deep, complicated systems programming!

And finally, yes CS4 is perfectly adequate for creating the artwork required for both gauges and the actual aircraft and cockpit textures. What is not supplied by the program however is the artistic talent required!
    Last edited by n4gix; 05-28-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...