Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cockpit altitude voice on final - landings

1. Default

Hi,

In brief ...
    Call out altitudes are the same as you will read on your radar altitude gauge (or display)

Regards.
    If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ital View Post
    Hmm thanks for mentioning it, yeah I have it, I lowered the volume using the gain but now the voices are not telling me my altitude while on final, weird.
    Lowered them to much?
    A.
    PS sometimes these sound packages are easily edited within the package itself.
    They can come with there own cfg file and each wav has a number next to it ie 100=max and its just a matter of reducing that figure to reduce the sound level. (Cant remember if they all come like this though)
    I found that the easiest way of reducing the sound level was to use use MSsoft own simple recorder prog. Not sure if that comes with the latest fancy pants OSs but it was included with XP.
    Anyways you're on the right track and I am sure you will get it sorted.
    cheers Andy

Quote Originally Posted by airkevin View Post
    Search for fpboecal.zip here. I think that's what you're looking for.
    Is it working with FSX?

Well it's working now again on the A300 that I previously mentioned. Tried it on the default B737-400 at KSEA and not a single callout was heard lol, I don't know more what to do with it. Perhaps the airport elevation has to do with it as airkevin said.

5. Default

Hello,

@ital

I have send you by PM some files .. hope it's help !

Regards.
    If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by ital View Post
    Well it's working now again on the A300 that I previously mentioned. Tried it on the default B737-400 at KSEA and not a single callout was heard lol, I don't know more what to do with it. Perhaps the airport elevation has to do with it as airkevin said.
    You took what I said out of context. The purpose of the callouts is to give you the altitude above the GROUND. So when you're landing, you should hear it regardless.

Two things I can think of. First off, are the A300 and the 737 both using the exact same gauge for the callout. If they aren't, what you did to one set of sounds might have only affected one and not the other. If they are, the only thing I can think of is that if you put the gauge in the main panel, the main panel must be displayed for the sounds to play. If, say, you go to spot view or you're in the cockpit view with the main panel hidden either by using the mini panel or just not displaying any gauges, the callouts won't work.
    Captain Kevin

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway four left, cleared for take-off.

Perhaps you're right, if I remember correctly I was in virtual cockpit and maybe that other time I was in cockpit but main panel not displayed, I see now how this works. Thanks airkevin.

And thanks Avechelice, I'll try it out too.

Yeah, generally, what I would do is I would add the gauge file to not only the main panel in the panel.cfg, but also the mini panel and the virtual cockpit (if the aircraft has one).
    Captain Kevin

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway four left, cleared for take-off.