Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cockpit altitude voice on final - landings

Default cockpit altitude voice on final - landings

Hey flightsim, sorry for the random title, I couldn't know what to name the thread lol, anyway, I'm looking if there's this talking thingy instrument or whatever it is when everytime an aircraft is on final, it will warn the pilots from 50 ft to 10 ft.

If possible, I would like to know if there is an addon for it to be installed on any aircraft. **Not panels please**. Just a stand alone addon. I know some payware aircrafts that have it.

Regards.

NOTE ** : what I meant by "no panels" is that I don't want it to be included from a panel, so what I mean is basically I don't want to install other panels which it has that feature. I prefer if there's an addon alone for it so I can install it on any aircrafts without changing panels around. Thanks.

Search for fpboecal.zip here. I think that's what you're looking for.
    Captain Kevin

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway four left, cleared for take-off.

3. Default cockpit altitude voice on final - landings

What you are referring to is called the Ground Proximity Warning System (GPWS). Pronounced as jip-whiz.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ital View Post
    Hey flightsim, sorry for the random title, I couldn't know what to name the thread lol, anyway, I'm looking if there's this talking thingy instrument or whatever it is when everytime an aircraft is on final, it will warn the pilots from 50 ft to 10 ft.

If possible, I would like to know if there is an addon for it to be installed on any aircraft. **Not panels please**. Just a stand alone addon. I know some payware aircrafts that have it.

Regards.

NOTE ** : what I meant by "no panels" is that I don't want it to be included from a panel, so what I mean is basically I don't want to install other panels which it has that feature. I prefer if there's an addon alone for it so I can install it on any aircrafts without changing panels around. Thanks.
    If its callouts you are after ie 1000,500, 400, etc etc etc then do a search in the file library using 'callouts' as the search word and you should find what you are after. If you don't want an entire panel ,just the callouts you will have to be prepared to do a bit of panel cfg editing , but its very straightforward if you take it slowly .
    PS If its FS2004 callouts you are after just search the FS2004 section only. I had a quick look and there a number of these files available.
    Andy

I tried this one

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conten...list&fid=85313

But there's something not quite right, it tells me for example "200" but my altitude is still like 330 and dropping, is it because of my flight sim or my addon aircrafts or the airports runway or something else? I tried it quick on a A300 Quantas addon aircraft.

By the way, everytime I'm about to make the touchdown it never says "10" says all numbers but 10.

Forgot to ask, is it possible to lower its volume?
    Last edited by ital; 01-12-2013 at 01:10 PM.

6. Default

I tried this one

But there's something not quite right, it tells me for example "200" but my altitude is still like 330 and dropping, is it because of my flight sim or my addon aircrafts or the airports runway or something else? I tried it quick on a A300 Quantas addon aircraft.

By the way, everytime I'm about to make the touchdown it never says "10" says all numbers but 10.

You can usually edit WAV files to reduce the volume (cant remember how at this time ,but simple to do I seem to remember )
    As to your height and callouts ,I am not 100 percent certain but I believe you have to take into account height above sea-level and suchlike. Might be wrong but you need someone with more expertise on this than myself to confirm.
    Anyways cheers Andy

I tried this one

The altitude it reads out is the altitude above the ground, not the altitude above sea level, which is what your altimeter would be reading. If your altimeter is reading 330 and you hear it call 200, it's probably because the airport elevation is 130 feet. If you try flying to Denver, your airport elevation is over 5,000, and if you fly down to El Alto, it's 13,000.
    Captain Kevin

I see, thought I had some issues with my FS9 sim. Thanks everyone who took the time replying.

As for the wav sound, does anyone know how to edit a wav file of FS2004?
    I need to lower the volume of the callout, the sound is just really really loud lol.

Do you have Audacity? It's a free sound editing program.
    Captain Kevin

Hmm thanks for mentioning it, yeah I have it, I lowered the volume using the gain but now the voices are not telling me my altitude while on final, weird.