Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Your thoughts please before I spend the money...

1. Default

So with a gtx 470 and a i5-3570k oc'd to 4.2 it's safe to say I'd have a very good setup for simming. I am also considering the purchase of either two small ssds or one larger one (250gb ish) as i would l like to run orbx and have been told of incredibly long load times which makes sense considering the file sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by RanJ1111 View Post
    So with a gtx 470 and a i5-3570k oc'd to 4.2 it's safe to say I'd have a very good setup for simming.
    It will work very well. I think you'll be quite pleased. What mobo did you decide on?
    Quote Originally Posted by RanJ1111 View Post
    I am also considering the purchase of either two small ssds or one larger one (250gb ish) as i would l like to run orbx and have been told of incredibly long load times which makes sense considering the file sizes.
    Because they are so fast, a single large SSD will work fine and be a tad less complex.
    It also only uses a single SATA port, which can be prime real estate on a budget motherboard.
    I like having my sims segregated from the rest of the system, so, I use two...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW
    16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

3. Default

I haven't selected a different mobo yet. I spoke to the shop where I got it from and I knew I wasn't going to get very far when the conversation started with "So solly, vely little engrish" oh boy..... basically they won't return it and I can't be bothered arguing I just made it quite clear that I won't be returning to his store and will be going to his competitor who can speak engrish...erm... english.

So for the moment, I might stick with the B75 chipset but still use a 3570K but upgrade to a good mobo in the not so distant future, I'm just in the middle of a lot of renovations in the house at the moment and they do take precedence. But at least this means instead of buying a budget z77 I can buy a good z77 and perhaps future proof myself a little. Although, I'm not sure how much longer the 1155 will be around for.

Although... someone offered me a G1 Sniper M3 for 130 brand new. Here in OZ they retail for about $200.

Will probably wait on the SSD until I do the new MOBO as well as I would probably prefer both drives to use the 6GB/s ports.

Anyway, must keep moving, the tiles in the bathroom won't lay themselves. No matter how much I blink my eyes and wiggle my nose. Again, thanks for your input.