Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problem with approaches

1. Default Problem with approaches

I have recently installed a couple addon sceneries of some airports.
    Although the scenery works perfectly, I cannot find in the gps the approaches that there used to exist.
    When I am trying to select an approach of an airport which I have installed an addon scenery I get a blank page on the gps.
    The ATC instructs me to follow visual approach.
    When I deleted the addon scenery and the approaches were back.
    I assume that it is not a problem of the addon sceneries because they used to work properly and because a problem like this is not mentioned anywhere.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by bilakos93; 12-30-2012 at 11:49 AM.

I presume that you have set the addon sceneries "on" under the "settings" menu for scenery?

Henri

Approaches are associated with airports. If you've replaced an airport then the approaches are likely to be lost unless the add-on developer has provided them.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by henri5 View Post
    I presume that you have set the addon sceneries "on" under the "settings" menu for scenery?

Henri
    I don't really know where I can find this but I can tell you that the sceneries are working perfectly.
    I can see the exact buildings of the airports etc.
    Last edited by bilakos93; 12-30-2012 at 12:16 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mgh View Post
    Approaches are associated with airports. If you've replaced an airport then the approaches are likely to be lost unless the add-on developer has provided them.
    I don't think that there is a problem with the add-ons.
    The approaches used to work a few days ago.
    I have installed this add-ons and the approaches of these airports are not working:
    1)http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-scener...n=download&hl=
    2)http://www.surclaro.com/fsdownload-detail-19671.html and
    3)http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloa...rport-scenery/

Did the approaches for those airports ever work after you installed the add-ons?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mgh View Post
    Did the approaches for those airports ever work after you installed the add-ons?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by bilakos93 View Post
    I have recently installed a couple addon sceneries of some airports.
    Although the scenery works perfectly, I cannot find in the gps the approaches that there used to exist.
    When I am trying to select an approach of an airport which I have installed an addon scenery I get a blank page on the gps.
    The ATC instructs me to follow visual approach.
    When I deleted the addon scenery and the approaches were back.
    I assume that it is not a problem of the addon sceneries because they used to work properly and because a problem like this is not mentioned anywhere.
    Any ideas?
    The developer of the addon scenery airports that you downloaded left the approaches out of the airport record.

mgh has already stated this.

Just because the scenery of a airport looks good does not mean it will work properly. You need to contact the developer and have them

1. Add the proper approaches into the airport record

or

2. Set the deleteAllapproaches = flag to False so the approach coding will fallback on the default APxnnnnn.bgl for that stock airport.

jim

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jvile View Post
    The developer of the addon scenery airports that you downloaded left the approaches out of the airport record.

mgh has already stated this.

Just because the scenery of a airport looks good does not mean it will work properly. You need to contact the developer and have them

1. Add the proper approaches into the airport record

or

2. Set the deleteAllapproaches = flag to False so the approach coding will fallback on the default APxnnnnn.bgl for that stock airport.

jim
    how can I do the second one?

If the approaches worked after you installed the add-ons then the add-ons must be OK?