Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Deleted posts! over zealous moderation of this site is borderline ridiculous!

Blog Entries

Jeez, we get these kinds of threads every year about this time! I don't know the reason for them---maybe the Christmas gifts that people receive are not what they wanted---maybe people have too much free time away from work during the holiday season. I simply do not know the real reason. But, what I can suggest, is simply abide by the posted rules, and all will be fine.

Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
    A few things:

To the OP: I asked your to contact me BY EMAIL and gave you the address to do so. If you ignored what I said, then don't be surprised if you did not get an answer. I read my email multiple times per day so it's the fastest way to get in touch with me:

webmaster@flightsim.com

WHAT!!!!!

BUT You did not ask me to contact you by email before i PM'ed you 2 days ago!...so i contacted you first by PM which it seems you have STILL ignored!!

Why have you STILL not RESPONDED TO MY PM which i sent you long BEFORE you mentioned (in this open thread!!!) that you prefer I email you!..... AND HOW WAS I TOO KNOW you ONLY respond to email!!!!.SHOULDN'T YOU MAKE FORUM MEMBERS AWARE THAT YOU DO NOT RESPOND TO PM'S AND EXCLUDE YOURSELF FROM THE OPTION TO PM YOU?..ITS RIDICULOUS TO SAY YOU ONLY RESPOND VIA EMAIL in this thread yet choose to ignore a members PM TO YOU!..

Why do you say i must Not be surprised you did not respond as if it is my fault you did not read my PM to you?..i cant believe you are saying this!

YET You choose to use THIS OPEN THREAD TO TELL ME NOW THAT YOU PREFER EMAILS!...as if i was supposed to know before i PM'ED you!

Seriously is this how you want to treat your forum members Nels!......I sent you a PM in good faith which you must have known existed!..honestly mate it pops up with a NOTIFICATION when you log on to YOUR forum!..you above all people mus t know that..its YOUR FORUM!.. its not that you cant see it!.... Yet you state on this thread that i must not be surprised that you have not responded to me!!!....unbelievable!!!! Seriously Nels..i have yet to visit a forum where the TOP MAN IGNORES PM'S!.....yet you respond in this thread and make out I AM TO BLAME!..I feel gob smacked

And this still leaves the question why have you still not responded to my points that you must have now read Nels!!!.. .......Seriously what is your opinion on Mr.JSkorna and the points i raised?...here they are again so no one has to back step...all i want is your HONEST ANSWER!..If you prefer to ban me or ignore my question or just delete this post then that's up to you if you feel happy with that...I am going to print-screen and copy the jpg of it and email it to you in case one of your overzealous mods deletes it!
    here's my message to you..

''i do feel that one of your moderators in particular ''JSkorna'' is often seen as being far too over zealous and unrealistic in his approach to moderating Flightsim.com's forums!....

I have nothing personal against him and am sure he feels he is doing a great job....But am not the first here to point out he often locks threads or deletes posts for what i feel is petty reasons rather than just asking people to behave....

It is very irritating experience to see your posts deleted....yes i realise we could all just be extra careful and tippy toe around when it sometimes gets a bit heated!...but why should members have to be ultra careful in what they post?...its not as if members here swear or use profanity or aggressive threats...any heated thread here seems to get locked by JSkorna..its like he cant be bothered to moderate it..or post a warning or two...he just locks it..yet he himself can be very arrogant or even cocky in his posts i have noticed!...and he is the same when deleting posts...he is way too ott with his moderator powers at times.''

PS I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF NO ONE RESPONDS TO THIS POST! INCLUDING MODS! i just want Nels to answer my points and hear his opinions!...thank you!

On a side note....Flightsim.com would be NOTHING without the many members here who submit freeware aircraft, scenery and re-paints etc, they fuel the all important traffic that in turn fuels the adverts and revenue to keeps the site alive!..

THEY above all else should be treated with the dignity and appreciation that they deserve!...not treated like children with the over zealous mods locking and deleting posts at a whim without being answerable to anyone.......i myself have contributed a few add-ons here..not many..but a few...i just hope Nels realises were his priorities lie!..and that the over zealous JSkorna STOPS being so despotic and biased in his moderation of the forums here!..

Blog Entries

In order to comply with your request that no-one reply, Im' going to close it. Should Nels wish to re-open it, or even respond, he certainly has that capability.

Darrell

Blog Entries

In the second message of this thread, posted only an hour after the first, I requested that anyone who wishes to contact me use email and gave my email address for anyone who did not already know it. How much clearer am I supposed to be?

OK, to answer what was apparently your original question. What is my opinion of Jim Skorna as moderator? Well, the fact that he is still a moderator should answer that. If I had a problem with him or anyone else they would be removed.

Please note that the moderators are not necessarily the final word as I can always overrule them. If you feel there is a problem I need to look at, then send me an email:

webmaster@flightsim.com

If you send me a hysterical rant you will likely get ignored. If you send me a well thought out and reasonable request I will surely listen to you.

Now, just a general comment. Yes, it is annoying to lock and delete posts and threads. I'm sure all the moderators agree with me on that. None of us want to do it. However, it seems that all too many forum participants cannot control themselves when it comes to posting. If everyone acted liked civilized adults and treated each other with respect we would not even need moderators.

I should also point out that the average forum member really does not see what actually happens and what myself and the moderators see. Threads that are locked have usually devolved into flame wars, but you don't see that since the worst of the messages will have been deleted. This often leads to a mistaken view that moderators are over-reacting.

Blog Entries

I don't get it. I've never had a problem with any of the mods or people here.

Hi all,
    Been around since The Zone and CFS1 & 2. It never surprises me how angry some of us get when we cross the boundries of acceptable social behavior and get called on it.

Bob

BTW, My join date is incorrect. Should I rant about that? LOL
    Last edited by rlhauser; 01-13-2013 at 01:15 AM.

7. Default

ooOOoo look!....Shiny!

on another note, I used to be a member of an extremely large car forum where locked threads became such common place that many of us would post in a thread with simply "IBTL" which simply meant "In Before The Lock" and wait to see how long a thread would last. I really don't see whats happening here to cause such a ruckus! Someone said in an earlier post... if you don't like it, the door is over there. Seriously guys, whats gotten into some of you? Spend some time away from the keys and don't stress about some pixels on a screen. Better yet. Go fly a plane! Be it IRL or Virtual - Ya know you'll feel better for it
    Last edited by RanJ1111; 01-13-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Sheesh! I go away for 2 weeks over the Xmas and New Year holidays and for the last 2 years I come back and see a thread bad-mouthing the Moderators. These guys are volunteering their time to make sure this forum runs smoothly and doesn't turn into a fist-fight over opinions. When you joined, you agreed to the rules.

Name:  West Doors Swinging.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  10.8 KB If you can't follow the rules, Here's the door! Don't let it smack you in the behind!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Take everything I say with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper! There's no such thing as too much garlic!

Blog Entries

I think this thread has run its course so I'm going to shut it down to prevent it being dredged up again. If you have something new on this subject please start a new thread.