Thread: FSBuild vs Simroutes

Default FSBuild vs Simroutes

I was wondering about the differences of the payware flight planning program FSBuild and the free websight Simroutes. Which do you think is better and what are the pro's and con's of each. It looks to me like Simroutes will do everything FSBuild will do but I am by no means an expert at anything, which is why I seek advice here from all the truly great experts. And I mean that sincerely!

FSBuild has an auto-generated route feature to use if you want that. Version 2.4 has updatable AIRACs from navigraph or Aerosoft if you wish to subscribe to that. I paste in real filed scheduled routes from flightaware.com.

FS Build 2.4 connects to weather applications, at least the Active sky series. It has many aircraft performance profiles to be used with its included fuel planning features and winds aloft and temperatures that influence aircraft performance are taken into account.

SIDs and STARs used are expanded to individual waypoints in the navlog and exported plan to FS. This navlog, which can be printed, is very detailed. FSBuild exports to FS9, FSX-XML, and many FMC/FMS formats that can be imported.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FSB v2.4.17 export dropdown..jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	139786

The fsbuild.com web site is not current using older versions for illustration however the support forum is very active with users willing to assist as well as the developer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FSB 2.4 KMSP-KDEN.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	139785

is an extract of a screenshot showing the details.

There is a learning curve but it is not very difficult.
    Last edited by ronzie; 12-30-2012 at 12:38 AM.
    KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles
    Support Team

Thankyou very much Ronzie for your response. I appreciate it very much. After carefully considering your input, I have gone ahead and purchased FSBuild 2.4. I am excited to begin learning how to use it properly. I see your a member of Radar Contact. I have Radar Contact 4 and was wondering if I can use it in conjunction with FSBuild 2.4? If so, is there an easy way of doing that?

I use it all of the time. There are a few tricks I use that get an aircraft with navigation gear like FMCs or AP coupled GPSs to sync with ATC. Here's a tip sheet on that that also brings out a few not publicized techniques of FS Build.

fsb tips and update.txt
    Last edited by ronzie; 12-30-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Support Team

Thanks ever so much for the tips. i appreciate it very much!

One more thing, Kevin:

Be sure you back up the files you downloaded from simmarket and also a text file copy of the acknowledgement e-mail if it contained any activation key both to a CD.

To check for any updates go to your account history or order history (I forgot) at simmarket, select the product, and you'll find any update links there.

Here's the link to the FS Build Support Forum:
    http://www.fsbuild.com/forum/viewfor...eaf0da83db365d

and to the Radar Contact forum if you haven't been there:
    http://forums1.avsim.net/forum/135-radar-contact-forum/

New users to FS Build when setting paths under options and other stuff frequently forget to go back to the settings tab in the options fold and click Save Config Options which writes any changes in those tabs out to the .ini file.

Another item to watch out for is if you want to save the plan within FS Build go to the Flightplans folder and under the categories tab select User Saved Routes and then click SET CATEGORY. Then from the main menu bar select File\Save Flightplan and name it appropriately usually departure-destination ICAOs. Then it will store under the user file category to be retrieved and edited, then saved again if you wish. You load FSB plans in the same manner from the user file category going through the same procedure. FSB does not overwrite its files but when you list your plans on the right hand side you'll see the plan waypoints you used.

You'll get used to it
    Last edited by ronzie; 12-30-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    Support Team

Thankyou again. I really appreciate all the information!