Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Austin Meyer on CBS Morning News

Blog Entries

Default Austin Meyer on CBS Morning News

X-Plane developer Austin Meyer appears on CBS news this morning:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50137574n
    Last edited by Nels_Anderson; 12-21-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Meyer is a man of character. What else can I say. I hope he gets a lot of support from others in the business. I'm hoping he'll get some money funneled to him in order to fight this out in court.
    Ricardo
    FSThrottles.com

3. Default

Yup, if he settles, all these trolls will do is take that money and sue someone else. They certainly won't be advancing any new technology.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo_NY1 View Post
    Meyer is a man of character. What else can I say. I hope he gets a lot of support from others in the business. I'm hoping he'll get some money funneled to him in order to fight this out in court.
    He certainly is. Good luck to him. I wish him luck because the whole system needs to be changed. Totally agree with what he says.

Patent trolls are the bullies in the playground. Give me your lunch or I'll beat you up!!

Well done Austin!!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
    X-Plane developer Austin Meyer appears on CBS news this morning:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50137574n
    Thank you for this link to the CBS video.

+1 Lightman

6. Default

Hello everyone.
    Nels, thanks for posting
    I am not surprised, and anyone that is, has not been awake for the last few years.
    I hope he keeps at it, there were other cases where many of us contributed to help a business in similar situations, and eventually they had to settle. A lawsuit, to a normal individual, is very stressful, where the "I want something for nothing bunch", is all they do, just keep harassing until they get what they want, deserved or not.
    I hope he sets up a fund where we can help, but this will definitely give me the motivation to buy XPX, regardless of some of the things I do not like about it. TV

7. Default

Hope he wins. I have also donated money for his cause.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flytv1 View Post
    I hope he sets up a fund where we can help, but this will definitely give me the motivation to buy XPX, regardless of some of the things I do not like about it. TV
    There already is a fund set up to help defend this lawsuit; details can be found here, along with everything else there is to know:

http://www.x-plane.com/x-world/lawsuit/

If you want to buy X-Plane please buy it from the FS Pilot Shop here:

http://www.fspilotshop.com/laminar-research-m-213.html

Help out X-Plane and your favorite flightsim web site :-)

The irony of all this...Austin says ''Google Uniloc, and the people behind it''..i did and they are mostly American!..even its CEO is American...sad really!..though appropriate and poignant coming from a country that makes billions in lawsuits and silly legal claims every day!..and a country that helped create the modern culture of 'where there is blame..there is a claim!'.....Even the UK is now infested with these legal parasites..ready to squeeze the last drop of blood from anyone who is unfortunate enough to fall into their sticky legal webs!

taken from Uniloc's website!

''Uniloc...The spirit of innovation is alive and well at Uniloc.

Uniloc’s story mirrors an American theme seen over and over during the last few decades: a company that is discovering, growing and innovating technology that is changing the way people live........we believe that we have uncovered a billion dollar market''

Oh the irony of all this!.''mirrors an American theme seen over and over during the last few decades''...how so very true!.....even uniloc's Australian founder and holder of the patent Austin has infringed spent twelve years in California honing his skills lol!.....

I can see why Austin is so angry....like the fly that gets caught in the spiders web..he too is now tangled in a legal mess he doesn't need or deserve.....Am not so sure he will win this one....but i hope he does!....people like Austin innovate and create a better world for us all.....i cant say the same about Uniloc! .....

Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
    There already is a fund set up to help defend this lawsuit; details can be found here, along with everything else there is to know:

http://www.x-plane.com/x-world/lawsuit/

If you want to buy X-Plane please buy it from the FS Pilot Shop here:

http://www.fspilotshop.com/laminar-research-m-213.html

Help out X-Plane and your favorite flightsim web site :-)

I'm a supporter of Austin as well and sure hope he wins his lawsuit. I can remember when Austin first started X-Plane and how hard he worked at it. We use to send emails back and forth when I was developing and publishing software.

I even had a couple of the really earlier versions of X-Plane and did some beta testing. He never gave up and accomplished an amazing thing - creating a flight simulator that competes against larger companies with more resources than he had. He never gave up even with Pro Pilot (Sierra), Fly (Terminal Reality), Flight Unlimited (Looking Glass) going under. Even with Microsoft's announcements about the future of their flight simulators, Austin drives on to bring us flight simulation in a market that others left.

He has devoted his life to the project and still does and puts a lot of fun and crazy things into his simulator (I flew on mars lol). Heck yes, I''m supporting him. There is no doubt, he is the the type of person that creates his own software his own way. He is one of a kind in my book and he doesn't do it just to make money, he does it because he has a love and passion for it like all of us.

Dan
    Last edited by danl; 01-10-2013 at 11:27 AM.