Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Freeware Focus: JetManHuss

Hi Kapitan,

As you know X-Plane and FSX are very different simulators and some people like them for very different reasons. There are some positives about both and negatives as well. X-Plane is not without it's bugs and even with version 10 you have to plan on tweaking. I wasn't happy when I ran X-Plane with the default settings. People here helped me tweak that and soon I had great things happening and was having a lot of fun.

There is no reason you can't enjoy having favorite planes in both simulators. The most important part is stay open to the idea that you can have a lot of fun with it, but we can't think of it in terms of FSX. Definitely it's own breed of simulator.

A you may know there are major changes between version 9 and the latest version 10. So if you do venture back into X-Plane 10 please let us know any new tweaks and tricks you discover along the way and post us some photos of what your playing with in X-Plane.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    Hi,
    well I have been an FSX fan and main critic of xplane 9, but having seen the latest videos in youtube I am about to try it again, version 10looks good! Ive seen a payware FlyJSim 727 and it rocks with sun shades inside the cockpit and cristal clear graphics! So, not to mention physics being discussed here...graphics are winning it for xplane too.

Quote Originally Posted by JetManHuss View Post
    Hi Dan, how are you?
    I totally agree.
    I remember myself flying "Flight64" in C-64 computer when I was a teenager (screenshot below):
    Hello my friend! WOW you have me topped with that C-64 picture. I remember flying Bruce Artwicks old Sublogic Flight Simulator on an Apple ][. Those were the days, but glad their gone. It's amazing how the programs on the C-64 and the Apple ][ could create such realism with the movement using simple dots and numbers. I remember a car racing game (called Autobahn). I played that game by the hours on an Apple. It was just two streams of pixels on either side of an imaginary road that would twist and turn and you had to use the joystick to steer between them. It gave the sense of speed and cornering with just dots.

I am a real-life professional pilot now with thousands of flight-hours. I know for sure that mastering "the path of the dot" back at the 80' as a kid, had it's place in developing my perception of directional spatial awareness years later. An amateur flight-simmer can learn so much from a flightsim, even if it's not realistic in some aspects.
    I knew you were a real professional pilot. I have to figure out how to convince you to post a thread in our "Pilots & Profiles" sub forum and tell us all about it. You're free to keep your real name out, and just use your handle. Be great to see a post of you in there. In fact shortly I'll be renaming it to include anyone that has worked in the aviation industry. We want to hear everyone's story.

Now to tell you about some fun I had last night. I tried out your VSKYLABS UL-104 Bushplane Prototype and had a blast with it. I started by pushing and pulling levers in the cockpit to see what everything did. I still don't know what some of them are for. Then I landed and took off a few times on an aircraft carrier. Finally I decided I wanted to keep one of these in my hanger so I threw a bucket of blue paint at it !!! Now I have my own personal one. (It looks great in blue!)

Name:  Blue_1_640.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  OnCarrier.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  47.7 KB

3. Default Pilots&Profiles plus Fun with the UL-104

Quote Originally Posted by danl View Post
    I knew you were a real professional pilot. I have to figure out how to convince you to post a thread in our "Pilots & Profiles" sub forum and tell us all about it. You're free to keep your real name out, and just use your handle. Be great to see a post of you in there. In fact shortly I'll be renaming it to include anyone that has worked in the aviation industry. We want to hear everyone's story.

Now to tell you about some fun I had last night. I tried out your VSKYLABS UL-104 Bushplane Prototype and had a blast with it. I started by pushing and pulling levers in the cockpit to see what everything did. I still don't know what some of them are for. Then I landed and took off a few times on an aircraft carrier. Finally I decided I wanted to keep one of these in my hanger so I threw a bucket of blue paint at it !!! Now I have my own personal one. (It looks great in blue!)
    Hi Dan.

I've just ended touring the "Pilots&Profiles" forum for the first time. This is great! This is a good addition for deepening the roots of this community, together, as aviators (real or virtual). I said I am a proffesional pilot. What is "professional"? Things to learn and abilities to conquer are endless when talking about flying, and expirience is the only way to conquer the skies; An airliner captain that made hundreds of the same routes is more professional than an amateur bush-pilot that made, I don't know...six "steep, short and narrow airstrip" approaches and landings somewhere in the mountains? Sure there is a baseline of theoretical knowledge...what I'm trying to say is that it's very interesting reading people's expirience and adventures, from all the vast range of amateurs to "professional". You don't have to convince me to post in it. I am already convinced.

Now for the UL-104. Your pics and comics are great. I like this creation a lot also.

Levers issue (left to right):
    Orange "D" handle on the left = toggle canopy.
    Red "headed" handle (on each side): fuel supply for each engine.
    Gray "T" handle (below left start button): Parking brake.

Here is what I call "fun" in virtual aviation:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  138.6 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  119.0 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  88.5 KB

Hi Dan.

I've just ended touring the "Pilots&Profiles" forum for the first time. This is great! This is a good addition for deepening the roots of this community, together, as aviators (real or virtual). I said I am a proffesional pilot. What is "professional"? Things to learn and abilities to conquer are endless when talking about flying, and expirience is the only way to conquer the skies; An airliner captain that made hundreds of the same routes is more professional than an amateur bush-pilot that made, I don't know...six "steep, short and narrow airstrip" approaches and landings somewhere in the mountains? Sure there is a baseline of theoretical knowledge...what I'm trying to say is that it's very interesting reading people's expirience and adventures, from all the vast range of amateurs to "professional". You don't have to convince me to post in it. I am already convinced.

Now for the UL-104. Your pics and comics are great. I like this creation a lot also.

Levers issue (left to right):
    Orange "D" handle on the left = toggle canopy.
    Red "headed" handle (on each side): fuel supply for each engine.
    Gray "T" handle (below left start button): Parking brake.

Here is what I call "fun" in virtual aviation:
    So you like playing chicken with Jetliners? Landing on aircraft carriers was enough for me.

Yes, flight simulation and real aviation cross over in many ways and we all love aviation. People have asked, why create "Real World Aviation" forums when there are so many real world aviation sites out there. Who cares how many are out there. We have a flight simulator community and many friends so why not have a place to organize the real world aviation portion of it.

Thank you for the instructions, I was having a hard time getting that little book out of the pouch on the door. Now I'll write these down on the dashboard

There are two rotary's in a black box. The one the left dims the lights what does the one on the right do?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by danl View Post
    Thank you for the instructions, I was having a hard time getting that little book out of the pouch on the door. Now I'll write these down on the dashboard

There are two rotary's in a black box. The one the left dims the lights what does the one on the right do?
    Wow...you got it! one of them is an instruments (avionics) dimmer, and the other one is the cockpit dimmer. But...as you wrote, it doesn't work in the 002 version for X-Plane 10. (This is because internal lights reference is slightly different from X-Plane 9 to X-Plane 10, and I didn't configured it right in the 002 version of the package).

In a few minutes, a new 003 version of the X-Plane 10 package file will be available at www.vskylabs.com
    I wil re-upload it in flightsim.com as an updated package (first time to update a package at flightsim.com)

This update to 003 version for X-Plane 10.11+ will let you fly at night, dimming the dashboard to a romantic mode, as it should be...

Thanks!

Wow...you got it! one of them is an instruments (avionics) dimmer, and the other one is the cockpit dimmer. But...as you wrote, it doesn't work in the 002 version for X-Plane 10. (This is because internal lights reference is slightly different from X-Plane 9 to X-Plane 10, and I didn't configured it right in the 002 version of the package).
    Yeah I'm seeing a big difference between ver 9 and 10 of X-Plane. Even navigation and menus changed, replay, all kinds of stuff is different. But that explains it, thank you.

In a few minutes, a new 003 version of the X-Plane 10 package file will be available at www.vskylabs.com
    I wil re-upload it in flightsim.com as an updated package (first time to update a package at flightsim.com)

This update to 003 version for X-Plane 10.11+ will let you fly at night, dimming the dashboard to a romantic mode, as it should be...

Thanks!
    You can send the whole new released file if you want. Leave a comment to Nels in the speical comments field on the upload form of the filename you want deleted. If you send in an update you can put the filename of the original file in the description and the file library will automatically find it and make a link of it so people can locate the original quickly.