Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: flying lessons?

Default flying lessons?

are they the same on this sim as they are on fs9? i kinda want to get my instrument rateing but can't in fs9 because of a bug in it. i know my pc will get medium. maybe high settings. but im wondering if fsx would be worth getting. and yes i know i have posted about this befor. but i might trade up to the new one.
    8 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    3.10ghz processor windows 64bit
    desktop

I think FSX's (basic) price might be too cheap *not* to try.

aputech

Default flying lessons?

well i thought about it. but wikipedia said that theres some kind of bug in it that make windows 7 crash? and when i did a can you run it check on my desktop pc it said that mine passed all the way.
    8 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    desktop

No problem whatsoever running FSX on Windows 7. No reason not to check it out. i run every version of FS on my computer, and FSX is the most immersive and good looking of the bunch, even at medium settings. I've used it extensively since 2006 with a very low end computer most of the time.

The flying lessons are pretty much the same as in FS9, and some of them are buggy. I'm flying all the lessons and missions in FSX now. I'm just about to start flying the Cessna 172 missions, after which I'll do all the lessons using this aircraft. You can follow my progress here if interested: fsxplorer.wordpress.com

I'm running FSX fairly well on my ancient 8th Wonder of the World computer. I've been playing with the lessons on and off the past year or so. This was just enough to pass the solo pilot test and after a month and a half practicing the PPL test (flying nothing but that 3 times a day) I managed to pass and get the PPL. At least for me, FSX is the way to go.

Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Take everything I say with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper! There's no such thing as too much garlic!

Default flying lessons?

ah ok thanks. what kind of bugs are we talking about in the lessons? the shut the game or the computer down? or they just don't pass you at all?
    8 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    desktop

Default flying lessons?

oh ok thats good. but i read that this sim does not have the mooney bravo in it? that ain't no good. i'll see if i can get ya that wiki pedia link i read. i found the link. check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Simulator_X im reaserching this game more befor i fly it lol
    8 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    desktop

8. Default

FSx not only has the Bravo, it also has a G1000 Bravo, just be sure to get either the Gold or Delux FSx version, not the basic.

Default flying lessons?

according to that aircraft list the G1000 mooney is not in the deluxe edition. i see theres a few aircraft it says no on. and if it has the same bugs as fs9 i think i can stick with fs9 unless theres a patch that fixes the bugs in fsx?
    8 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    desktop

Quote Originally Posted by CessnaFlyer View Post
    according to that aircraft list the G1000 mooney is not in the deluxe edition. i see theres a few aircraft it says no on. and if it has the same bugs as fs9 i think i can stick with fs9 unless theres a patch that fixes the bugs in fsx?
    The G1000 Mooney most certainly is included in FSX Deluxe! Don't rely too much on wikipedia for info. People in these forums have much better knowledge!

The bugs are that in some of the lessons you have to fly VERY exact or Rod dozes off and you can't finnish the mission. It's been 4-5 years since I did them last, so maybe I wasn't good enough then or did something wrong.