Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepar 3D forum time again

NE Scotland, beside the current 617 Dambuster squadron

Exclamation Prepar 3D forum time again

Why is their no dedicated P3D forum here?

I've seen Skorna's comment from back in in mid summer, but things have moved on since then.

His answer was also a non committal answer IMHO and needs to be updated.

There seems to be now more than ever a time where we see 3rd party add ons built for FSX and P3D and nobody quite knows what to do, we seek advice from sites such as this.

Mutleys Hanger has a very friendly attitude towards P3D and users like me, why cant Flight Sim.com do too?

Lets face it guys, we have a MS Flight forum here ... and we all know what happened there, but we cant have a P3D forum? Avsim has one, every other flight sim site under the sun has one, why not here?

We are into 2013 very soon, we don't expect old excuses.

This site is going stagnant if it does not keep up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by N2056 View Post
    OK I saw that too, but a good reason to rethink things, surely?

Why should Flight sim not be entertainment? its not a crime, its a pleasure, if Flightsim.Com have a vendetta against the possible future of Flight sim i'd like to see it?

I can guarantee every sim site on the internet recognises Lockheed Martins P3D

We have so many dual installs from Aerosoft to ORBX, why ignore P3D now, especially now?

P3D is here to stay, it does not have to be a an entertainment program, some of us like flying for real too.

3. Default

The "marketing strategy" utilized be L-M is grey enough that the owners of this site have made a decision not to have a dedicated forum. As to your "Guarantee" I note that the other major player (Avsim) does NOT have a P3D forum. Personally I could care less, I was just trying to answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by N2056 View Post
    The "marketing strategy" utilized be L-M is grey enough that the owners of this site have made a decision not to have a dedicated forum. As to your "Guarantee" I note that the other major player (Avsim) does NOT have a P3D forum. Personally I could care less, I was just trying to answer your question.
    Codswallop again, maybe Avsim dont have a dedicated P3D forum? but they for sure recognise the sim more than this site does too.

Honourable mention to Mutleys Hanger, the friendliest flight sim site on the planet, there you can see where we can compare notes about FSX P3D add on compatibility.

But for sure, everybody in the sim world recognises P3D as a possible future platform, it feels bad that I have even mentioned this here to a guy building a new PC for Flight sim and had to explain it to him.

If Flight Sim.com dont want a P3D discussion area, but are happy with a MS Flight (that has been cancelled forum) then let it be, and I'm sorry for helping here ... I've obviously waste my time here and wont bother folk again.

But seriously, this site needs to take a good look at itself and move on.

ITS STAGNANT.
    Last edited by M31; 12-08-2012 at 12:16 AM.

This is a Cop-Out.

I dont need non Prepar3D discussions, the nonsense I've heard here today beggars belief for a SUPPOSED A1 Flight sim sight.

Lets try this again, Flightsim.com tolerate MS Flight but they have doubts about P3D?

I'm gone.

Blog Entries

This was pretty much answered previously. It's not so much we have anything against Prepar3D it's mostly that at the present time there is not much demand for a forum. It's quite possible this will change in the future. If the EULA changes to make it more open for use by anyone I suspect we'd open a forum in a minute.

Hi M31,

Maybe we do need a PrePar3D forum. I know the people at FlightSim.com love all kinds of flight simulators. I remember going to Looking Glass to interview them when they were working on Flight Unlimited The lead on the team was a guy that use to work for me and was Nels flight instructor. Michael Goulian endorsed the game and assisted the developers. Nels and I have talked with Michael a few times (he use to be at Hanscom Airfield a lot) and I use to see Michael practicing over Wachusett Reservoir behind my house.

I've visited Sierra and interviewed their team when they were developing Pro Pilot, flew down to Dallas and interviewed the Fly team at Terminal Velocity and made some great friends. I've even made the trip to Microsoft and did an interview with their team and talked with the flight sim developers there.

My favorite flight simulator at the moment is X-Plane and I can remember when Austin just started developing it. We sent messages back and forth and now he has really turned it into a serious product. Every Flight Simulator has some positive things about it that the others don't. There is no reason to choose one over the other, enjoy them all.

I still turn on an old Apple Computer I have and put in my 5.25" floppy disk with sublogic flight simulator on it that Bruce Artwick wrote. It makes me realize how good we have it now and how much fun we can have, even on the obsoleted products.

So tell me what flight simulators you use, and what you like about them. Do you use PrePar3D and what do you like about it. It's very easy for people to gripe about the things they don't like so tell us what you do like and you may just be right, we should start a forum for Prepar3D. Lets see how many other people you and I can convice that we should.

Dan
    Last edited by danl; 12-12-2012 at 11:22 AM.

8. Default

I was forced to move from FSX to x-plane cause i could not get fsx to work decent on my computer. So i did more tweeking than flying and i got tired of that. So after a year with xp i missed my quality addons and all the other stuff that xp can't offer right now. I feel fsx is a more alive sim than xp witch is so steril and dead. So i did cross my fingers and bought P3D, and it works without any problems. And it is good flying again and not have to worry if the sim is going to crash before i reach my destination.

First of all, Avsim DOES have a dedicated forum. Secondly, by now the old and new users of P3d know to skip Flightsim if they want P3D info. There are several other sites that have decent P3D forums in addition to the "official" LM site. The only restrictions I have seen on these sites is that discussion of the EULA is a no-no - it's been hashed to death and there is NO ONE that has anything new to say, and posting how to install an add-on that does NOT support P3D. Other than that, there are a growing number of users who find P3d an excellent step up from FSX.

What was the liine from the movie - "Build it and they will come" - create a forum and watch it grow.

The current attitude just drives the users elsewhere.

Just MHO,

Vic

P3D Rig
    I7 3770K @ 4.73ghz Asus Sabertooth Z77 16G G.Skill 1600 7-8-7-24 2T EVGAGTX780 Corsair 1000W PSU 2 - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - OS & P3D HAF 942 - Corsiar H100i Liquid Cooler W7 64 Home Premium.