Thread: REX Real Environment Xtreme Essential Plus w/ overdrive from Pilotshop.com

1. Default REX Real Environment Xtreme Essential Plus w/ overdrive from Pilotshop.com

bought this software on 11/30 from Pilotshop.com, downloaded to PC and found file REX-105.rar
    1) don't know what a rar file is, or what it can be used for, thought it would be a
    "setup" file to apply to FSX
    2) have been calling (and leaving message for last 2 days to the REX support number) without a response
    3) have been emailing also
    Does anyone know what to do with a rar file, or what I must do to receive the software I paid for?
    I can get no satisfaction from REX

Oh thats easy to fix Alex, a .rar file can be opened with winzip....free version here.... http://www.winzip.com

3. Default

Thanks for a later version of winzip, after extracting file I have a file called REX-105, but there is nothing in that file to click on like a setup file.

Alex,your download should have included several ".cab" files,an "autorun" .ini and a set-up ".exe" plus a couple of other files that I can't remember off the top of my head.If you are not seeing any of these after un-packing the .RAR then the download is corrupted and you need to try to d/l it again.The file size is @4.36 gigs and a lot of people are having to use a "download manager" in order to get the product to d/l correctly.As far as support for the product,REX has some of the best so I don't know why your are not getting answers from the support forum at REX.Did you include your purchase number in your signature over at their forum? They will not give any help until you become "verified" as a legit purchaser.I hope you can get this situation worked out,best of luck.

Absolutely use a download manager for this. I use Internet Download Manager and got REP from the Flightsim store. Overdrive downloaded fine, too, but OD is the culprit as far as anomalies go. Lots of people are having issues with OD in particular. My only issue is not being able to save tropical waters after making adjustments to a particular theme....with the OD version. With REP alone, I can save tropical water themes after making adjustments. So, the REX gurus know this is an OD problem and will be coming out with a service pack soon.
    JOE---- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,
    8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 780 GTX SC ACX Cooler, Creative Fatal1ty
    Champion Series sound card, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 512G (W7 Ultimate 64), 3 WD VelociRaptor 1T drives, FSX/P3D/FS9/storage, 29" AOC IPS Monitor
    2560x1080, 24" Asus VG248 @ 120Hz

Blog Entries

Have you tried posting on the REX support forums??? You will of course have to supply your REX order number to become a verified member to recieve any sort of support, just as Gary suggested.

I take it this is what you ordered.

http://www.fspilotshop.com/real-envi...ve-p-3929.html
    Last edited by Smutley; 12-05-2012 at 08:01 PM.