Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Windows 8 FSX crashing

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by abrussell View Post
    alexander2012
    I would suggest you finish your installation, then tune your set up using these links:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/topi...87.html#198187

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Posting your system specs would help also. Just a thought, are you using the external frame rate limiter. It was giving me grief when closing a flight or shutting down.

Bruce
    Thanks Bruce i'll try that
    CompTIA A+ Certified (2011-2014)

2. Default

I have installed FSX on Windows 8 and experienced the same problems of crashing when ever I try and change anything in FSX I downloaded the newest Drivers for my Video card and that solved the problem. I run it as administrator and in Compatibility with Windows 7 works fine did a few of the tweaks . I did fine , as I have installed this several times experimenting with Windows 8 , that if I run Windows 8 installation again after I have everything installed and tell it to keep everything it helps as well seems Windows 8 needs to do thing a couple of times to get it right. I agree it is not the best OS but complaining about it doesn't help looking for solutions and trying things does ..
    Nothing to fear with Windows 8 just need to get used to it and have the proper settings Eventually it will get some bugs fixed but for now keep trying ,

3. Default

Hi guys! I see no solution to the problem but I thought I mention my related problem.

Windows 8. FSX crashes. But in my case it's not when I finish a flight and try to do another. That works flawlessly. It's more specific than that. I create an IFR FP and fly it. When I get in the air and clear the airport area, I request cancelling of the IFR and fly by GPS autopilot to the destination. When I get close to the destination, I recreate an IFR to the same destination to be guided toward the runway. But, when I start the descent it crashes.

I saw that if I take out the sound (Q) I don't get the crash (not thoroughly tested) so I thought it's an ATC sound problem but I didn't test it to much. In any case, it's annoying when going 4'500 NMs and when the real pleasure of the simulator is abut to start you get a small window telling you "they"'re looking for a solution to the problem.

If the solution is to go back to W7 than save your breath. I won't.

Since most new computers , even those with gaming specs have Windows 8 installed , I have had to attempt getting my FSX software to work , and for the most part have been successful. There are some developers , notably IFLY who say their product will not work on Windows 8. I believe this will reduce their sales and yield to the competition ( PMDG) .Unless you specify you want Windows 7 or use a dual boot system , you may have to persevere until the gurus find a workaround.
    Ron

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by achitan View Post
    Hi guys! I see no solution to the problem but I thought I mention my related problem.

Windows 8. FSX crashes. But in my case it's not when I finish a flight and try to do another. That works flawlessly. It's more specific than that. I create an IFR FP and fly it. When I get in the air and clear the airport area, I request cancelling of the IFR and fly by GPS autopilot to the destination. When I get close to the destination, I recreate an IFR to the same destination to be guided toward the runway. But, when I start the descent it crashes.

I saw that if I take out the sound (Q) I don't get the crash (not thoroughly tested) so I thought it's an ATC sound problem but I didn't test it to much. In any case, it's annoying when going 4'500 NMs and when the real pleasure of the simulator is abut to start you get a small window telling you "they"'re looking for a solution to the problem.

If the solution is to go back to W7 than save your breath. I won't.

I too have been experiencing similar random crashes when making adjustments 'mid flight' (mainly to weather or scenery density et.al.)

I ran the Windows Compatibility test on the fsx exe file and Win8 suggested that I try the game under XP SP3 mode.
    I did - and it ran perfectly.

It may not be the answer to everyone's problems but it seems to have done the trick for me.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander2012 View Post
    Hi all,

I've been noticing my FSX crashing when I go to end a flight and try to start a new one, it seems to happen frequently. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks
    Alex
    try the good old uiautomationcore.dll fix.

Mines the same thing but it crashes either while landing or just after when im just getting on the taxiway

8. Default

The uiautomationcore.dll fixed my crashes as well. Google for the correct one, NOT the one that windows builds when FSX is installed, you need an older one. I'm quite pleased with how well FSX runs on my windows 8, but its a fresh install of the operating system and FSX. Makes a huge difference.

9. Default

Do a fresh install and try running without Accelleration. Just install SP2 and see how you go....

Simple fix:
    after end-flight... Close FSX !
    Then start a new flight !
    have fun