Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FS2004 on Windows 8

1. Default FS2004 on Windows 8

Hello,

I'd been using my FS2004 on Windows 7 without a problem. Today I bought Windows 8 Upgrade from the internet and updated my Windows.

Now FS2004 keeps crashing. It starts up but the plane selection Picture is black. When I select Fly Now, it just won't load correctly. Nothing is working properly. I tried to change the compatibility modes to all of them. I tried to run in administrator mode but nothing was changed.

Did anybody else experience anything like this problem? Be aware that there is a problem between FS2004 and Windows 8. I can't go back to Windows 7. It just won't let me. I hope we find a solution for this soon.

Thanks.

2. Default

It's a very brave man who tries out a new operating system as soon as it is released rather than wait, say, a few months to see what problems are reported by others and if a SP will be issued.

Given that MS has now withdrawn completely from the flight sim world, and probably forever as well, I have my doubts if they will ever try to solve compatibility problems between Windows 8 and FS9/FSX.

I guess you will have no option but to re-install Windows 7 from scratch if you want to continue flying the sim.

David

I suspect you have vid driver setting issues. On my Vista system I can change the FSAA mode options and my aircraft preview window will be black; a different change and the sim will exit to a black window (I must give the three finger salute then close that window to return to the desktop).

Quote Originally Posted by shanwick View Post
    It's a very brave man who tries out a new operating system as soon as it is released rather than wait, say, a few months to see what problems are reported by others and if a SP will be issued....
    For Micro$oft?! From the day it's released, any MS product instigates a flood of almost daily updates, upgrades, patches, and hotfixes. There never is a final version. We pay $200 to beta test their current OS, until they release a new one, then we pay $300 to beta test that one. (In twenty years MS has proven incapable of devising an alternative to the CTD, and windows error reporting has yet to find a solution to anything.)

Quote Originally Posted by jgf View Post
    ...a flood of almost daily updates, upgrades, patches, and hotfixes. .... windows error reporting has yet to find a solution to anything.
    Where do you think the updates, upgrades, patches, and hotfixes come from?

peace,
    the Bean
    WWOD---What Would Opa Do?
    Farewell, my freind (sp)

6. Default

Well if no solution for this, thrn i might have to go back to Windows7 and wait until there are some fixes to make it work. First i will try to make some changes on display settings but if no result than i will format and go back to Win7

Quote Originally Posted by StringBean View Post
    Where do you think the updates, upgrades, patches, and hotfixes come from?

peace,
    the Bean
    from "programmers" who, in their rush to get to market, didn't get things right the first time ...and a corporation who charges its customers to beta test its software

(my apologies for hijacking this thread)

8. Default

That only indicates FS2004, as an older program is not capable of being run on Windows 8, is simple as that.

Blairsville, GA ...formerly Dallas & Ft. Worth TX, Lafayette LA, Minneapolis, MN, Massillon, OH

WinXP is still alive and well in my house!

10. Default

i will go back to Win7