Thread: PMDG 747 problems

1. Default PMDG 747 problems

Hello,
    Over the past few weeks Ive been flying lots of long haul flights for my VA. Mainly in the PMDG 747. My computer is of a high quality and has good specs (Windows 7 64bit professional, Intel i7 26000, 12GB DDR3 memory and Nvidia 560 graphics card) and when I fly I only have FSX, FSINN (for vatsim) and VAFS 5 running which in the performance viewer only takes up 15-30% CPU, 30% physical memory and 72 performance on an average. However the problem is the PMDG 747 whenever I fly it on a long haul problems occur when I go onto FSX (when I wake up or come home) One of the main issues right now is when I go onto the outside view I can see through the whole plane so only the passenger cabin is seen, the winglets are missing, I can see the gears etc and everything inside but also sometimes leaving it in virtual cockpit mode the whole time parts of the cockpit disappear so I can see nothing on the panel and some of the outside etc. Does anybody know any problems related to this? I don`t think my performance is the problem as its only running at below 50% on average.
    Thanks very much for your help

2. Default

I had the very same problems, you look at the outside view and you were flying a skeleton!

The first thing I did was delete the fsx.conf file.

Then restart FSX, it rebuilds the file with basic instructions.

Then go and upgrade your conf file from Bijotes Tweaking tips....

Link - http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Then reload - FSX, after that, I can only suggest you will have to do what I did and completely reinstall from scratch - a pain and it still may not work.

The first thing I would check is the highmemfix entry in the fsx.cfg.

Make sure it's there.

[GRAPHICS]
    HIGHMEMFIX=1

Regards,
    Chris.