Thread: ground steering Falcon 4.0 Allied Force.

Default ground steering Falcon 4.0 Allied Force.

Hello to all,
    I am an 80 yr old `wannabe` fighter pilot. Not being able to do much else due to poor health I have recently taken an interest in PC Flight Sims.
    I have what some may regard as a pretty basic question to ask. What are the key commands for ground steering Falcon 4.0 Allied Force ? I can find no ref` to this in the `in game` key command panel, nor have I been successful with `fiddling about` with key combinations.
    Pretty basic I know, but it`s no fun after making a decent landing to simply go careering off the runway to crash.

Help would be appreciated.

Kjay.

Hi Kjay and welcome to FS.com,I have a copy of Falcon 4.0 but it has been a few years since I've messed around with it. You might want to re-post this in the "other sims"/Military Sims forum here below. I will drag the book out later on this evening and post what ever I can find for you if no one else has the answer.

Been a long time since I flew Falcon4, but if I recall correctly, the key command to engage nose wheel steering is shift / . I think it only worked below 60 knots, also.
    Win7 Home Premium X64, Sabertooth Z77mobo, Intel Core i7 3770@3.5ghz, 8gb DDR3 SDRAM ram, GeForce GTX 650ti, Samsung 840 Pro SSD for OS, Samsung 840 Evo for FSX , WD HDD for storage, Corsair 650W psu, FSX Deluxe, SP1 & 2

My thanks to aircav1970 and RickG both, and thanks for the welcome !

Kjay

Quote Originally Posted by RickG View Post
    Been a long time since I flew Falcon4, but if I recall correctly, the key command to engage nose wheel steering is shift / . I think it only worked below 60 knots, also.
    Nope ! That`s a `NO` RickG, it doesn`t do a thing. Thanks for the thought though.

Well, that's a bit bizarre. I just did a flight in F4, and did the landing. Shift / worked 100% properly for me. Far as I recall, F4 and Allied Force used the same key commands.
    Win7 Home Premium X64, Sabertooth Z77mobo, Intel Core i7 3770@3.5ghz, 8gb DDR3 SDRAM ram, GeForce GTX 650ti, Samsung 840 Pro SSD for OS, Samsung 840 Evo for FSX , WD HDD for storage, Corsair 650W psu, FSX Deluxe, SP1 & 2

Hello Kjay,

The Falcon 4 Allied Force manual I just downloaded from http://www.f-16.net/downloads_file11.html describes how to engage nose wheel steering by using (quote) "SHIFT-/" which I presume means Shift and / (See page 60 of 716)

I don't have any of the Falcon 4s installed having just moved from XP to Win7 so I cannot confirm my recollection - which is that I never had any trouble steering off the runway (I have always used a twist grip joystick). Although I still have the original Falcon 4 release I have the Allied Force version and have most recently used the Free Falcon incarnation and as far as my sixty something year old brain recalls always used the twist grip to steer. I don't remember having to engage nose wheel steering!

I don't expect you will, but if you do have any trouble downloading the 17.6Mb copy of the manual I could send you one on a CD. (I'm up the Mersey in Manchester).

Peter

Thanks to All for your replies. I am most grateful. Peter, I shall try downloading the manual and take it from there.

Thanks again.

kjay.

Kjay,

Yesterday I reinstalled Falcon 4 Allied Force and found the manual is installed with the simulator.

A shortcut to the manual appeared on the desktop together with the shortcut to start the sim' (that may have been an option I ticked). Otherwise the manual, the keyboard layout and other reference material can be found in the 'docs' folder wherever you installed the sim'.

Peter