Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: posky crj700 nose gear

  1. #1

    Default posky crj700 nose gear

    My posky crj700's nose gear is floating above the surface! I am using the deafult FSX CRJ-700 panel. can anyone tell me how to fix this???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    I haven't used it in FSX but it sounds like the "Default" panel you are using doesn't have the required "VC" entries in the panel.cfg... In FS9 these entries controlled the nose gear...

    Regards,
    Scott
    1982 Beech Sundowner
    The Real Tin Mouse
    The Office

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    I haven't used it in FSX but it sounds like the "Default" panel you are using doesn't have the required "VC" entries in the panel.cfg... In FS9 these entries controlled the nose gear...

    Regards,
    Scott
    How do i get these entries??

  4. Default

    Whoa whoa whoa... this is about a floating nose wheel - should have nothing to do with the VC or Panel.

    Additionally, I too have experienced this problem with the POSKY CRJ and fix it by adjusting the contact points in the aircraft.cfg. I don't remember what the new number(s) were but I can promise you a search in google for "aircraft.cfg contact points" should provide links with specific instructions on exactly which number needs to be adjusted.

    If you want to post that part of aircraft.cfg (the part with contact points), I can suggest some numbers to try via trial and error.

    It's easy stuff though, really.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    In FS9 - POSKY did use entries in the panel.cfg to control the nose wheel... If you swapped out the POSKY panel to use another - the nose wheel would float and lock - it wouldn't turn during taxi... Transferring the entries would fix it... I built my own panel for the CRJ back and was pretty familiar with it... It's been a while - though...


    Regards,
    Scott
    1982 Beech Sundowner
    The Real Tin Mouse
    The Office

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Hi Troy,

    I'm on an iPad so I don't have access to my PC... Does the nose wheel rotate as you turn on a taxiway in FSX ??? If not you can try this... I don't know much about the FSX aspect of this - but - while you're waiting - try and find the original "panel.cfg" that came from a POSKY CRJ700 package... Look down towards the bottom - if I recall correctly - it's been years - I think there was like three "virtual cockpit" entries down towards the end of the file... What I don't know is if these entries can be ported to FSX without modification ??? Make sure you have a local panel.cfg for your aircraft in FSX... Copy the file so you can go back to it if this doesn't work... Copy and paste the "virtual cockpit" entries into your FSX panel.cfg... See if your nose gear looks right after the mod... If not - revert back to your original file... That's about al I can offer as I am traveling this week... Good luck...

    Regards,
    Scott
    1982 Beech Sundowner
    The Real Tin Mouse
    The Office

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    In FS9 - POSKY did use entries in the panel.cfg to control the nose wheel... If you swapped out the POSKY panel to use another - the nose wheel would float and lock - it wouldn't turn during taxi... Transferring the entries would fix it... I built my own panel for the CRJ back and was pretty familiar with it... It's been a while - though...


    Regards,
    Scott

    Cool, just speaking from my experience with the same plane on the same platform.

  8. #8

    Default

    As mentioned, you must install the posky debug & utility folders with files and include the appropriate entries in the panel.cfg. Partial panel.cfg shown below as a guide.

    [Window Titles]
    Window14=Posky Debug
    Window15=Posky Util

    The name of my posky utility folder is bolded. This folder is located in my panel folder and contains the PkyNosegearheight and PkyNosegearsteerling xml files among others.
    [Window14]
    VISIBLE=0
    position=2
    size_mm=350,200
    child_3d=0
    background_color=0,0,0
    ident=POSKYDEBUG
    gauge00=PoskyCRJ7!POSKYDEBUG, 0, 0
    gauge01=PoskyCRJ7!POSKYDEBUG2, 0, 100

    I again bolded the folder. You need the three Pky_ files that are shown.

    [Window15]
    VISIBLE=0
    position=2
    size_mm=200,80
    //size_mm=80,80
    child_3d=0
    background_color=0,0,0
    ident=Posky Utility
    gauge00=Pky_util_CRJ!Pky_Init, 0, 0
    gauge01=Pky_util_CRJ!Pky_Util, 0, 0
    gauge02=Pky_util_CRJ!Pky_Timer, 0, 0

    [VCockpit02]
    size_mm=512,512
    pixel_size=512,512
    texture=$Posky_ACU
    background_color=0,0,0

    gauge01=PoskyCRJ7!PkyAdvInit, 140,80,140,80
    gauge02=PoskyCRJ7!PkyCALC, 140,80,140,80
    gauge03=PoskyCRJ7!PkyNosegearsteerling, 140,80,140,80
    gauge04=PoskyCRJ7!PkyNosegearheight, 140,80,140,80
    gauge05=PoskyCRJ7!Pky_PB_Towhead, 140,80,140,80
    gauge06=PoskyCRJ7!PkyLeftgearheight, 140,80,140,80
    gauge07=PoskyCRJ7!PkyRightgearheight, 140,80,140,80
    gauge08=PoskyCRJ7!PkyRWINGMIDFLEX, 140,80,140,80
    gauge09=PoskyCRJ7!PkyRWINGTIPFLEX, 140,80,140,80
    gauge10=PoskyCRJ7!PkyLWINGMIDFLEX, 140,80,140,80
    gauge11=PoskyCRJ7!PkyLWINGTIPFLEX, 140,80,140,80
    gauge12=PoskyCRJ7!PkyRudder, 140,80,140,80
    gauge13=PoskyCRJ7!PkyEngRev, 140,80,140,80
    gauge14=PoskyCRJ7!PkyAileronL, 140,80,140,80
    gauge15=PoskyCRJ7!PkyAileronR, 140,80,140,80
    gauge16=PoskyCRJ7!Pky_CRJOptInit, 140,80,140,80

    This is just to give you an idea of the panel.cfg entries that are needed. If you copy the numbers make sure and back up your original.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kagazi View Post
    As mentioned, you must install the posky debug & utility folders with files and include the appropriate entries in the panel.cfg. Partial panel.cfg shown below as a guide.

    [Window Titles]
    Window14=Posky Debug
    Window15=Posky Util

    The name of my posky utility folder is bolded. This folder is located in my panel folder and contains the PkyNosegearheight and PkyNosegearsteerling xml files among others.
    [Window14]
    VISIBLE=0
    position=2
    size_mm=350,200
    child_3d=0
    background_color=0,0,0
    ident=POSKYDEBUG
    gauge00=PoskyCRJ7!POSKYDEBUG, 0, 0
    gauge01=PoskyCRJ7!POSKYDEBUG2, 0, 100

    I again bolded the folder. You need the three Pky_ files that are shown.

    [Window15]
    VISIBLE=0
    position=2
    size_mm=200,80
    //size_mm=80,80
    child_3d=0
    background_color=0,0,0
    ident=Posky Utility
    gauge00=Pky_util_CRJ!Pky_Init, 0, 0
    gauge01=Pky_util_CRJ!Pky_Util, 0, 0
    gauge02=Pky_util_CRJ!Pky_Timer, 0, 0

    [VCockpit02]
    size_mm=512,512
    pixel_size=512,512
    texture=$Posky_ACU
    background_color=0,0,0

    gauge01=PoskyCRJ7!PkyAdvInit, 140,80,140,80
    gauge02=PoskyCRJ7!PkyCALC, 140,80,140,80
    gauge03=PoskyCRJ7!PkyNosegearsteerling, 140,80,140,80
    gauge04=PoskyCRJ7!PkyNosegearheight, 140,80,140,80
    gauge05=PoskyCRJ7!Pky_PB_Towhead, 140,80,140,80
    gauge06=PoskyCRJ7!PkyLeftgearheight, 140,80,140,80
    gauge07=PoskyCRJ7!PkyRightgearheight, 140,80,140,80
    gauge08=PoskyCRJ7!PkyRWINGMIDFLEX, 140,80,140,80
    gauge09=PoskyCRJ7!PkyRWINGTIPFLEX, 140,80,140,80
    gauge10=PoskyCRJ7!PkyLWINGMIDFLEX, 140,80,140,80
    gauge11=PoskyCRJ7!PkyLWINGTIPFLEX, 140,80,140,80
    gauge12=PoskyCRJ7!PkyRudder, 140,80,140,80
    gauge13=PoskyCRJ7!PkyEngRev, 140,80,140,80
    gauge14=PoskyCRJ7!PkyAileronL, 140,80,140,80
    gauge15=PoskyCRJ7!PkyAileronR, 140,80,140,80
    gauge16=PoskyCRJ7!Pky_CRJOptInit, 140,80,140,80

    This is just to give you an idea of the panel.cfg entries that are needed. If you copy the numbers make sure and back up your original.

    I did this and it works while im on the ground. However, once i takeoff and the wheels leave the ground, they disappear. only the wheels, the bogies are still there but the wheels seem to drop underground. Once i land, the come up and reattach. Please help, i dont know what else to do!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot789 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa... this is about a floating nose wheel - should have nothing to do with the VC or Panel.

    Additionally, I too have experienced this problem with the POSKY CRJ and fix it by adjusting the contact points in the aircraft.cfg. I don't remember what the new number(s) were but I can promise you a search in google for "aircraft.cfg contact points" should provide links with specific instructions on exactly which number needs to be adjusted.

    If you want to post that part of aircraft.cfg (the part with contact points), I can suggest some numbers to try via trial and error.

    It's easy stuff though, really.
    jjfan1 follow Foxtrot advice. The answer is in the [contact points] not on any panel.

    Cheers,

Similar Threads

  1. POSKY Delta 777's Nose Gear
    By stjames1984 in forum FSX
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 04:24 PM
  2. Posky Embraer 145 nose gear
    By HI711SP in forum FS2004
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 08:30 PM
  3. Issues with Posky 777 and the nose gear
    By HI711SP in forum FS2004
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 03:02 AM
  4. Posky 747 nose gear dont move
    By HI711SP in forum FS2004
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 11:15 PM
  5. POSKY 767 nose gear
    By GWB777 in forum FS2004
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 05:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •