Thread: Photorealistic Airport Textures

1. Default Photorealistic Airport Textures

Hello Everybody,

I'm looking for either a freeware, payware, or download that will add realistic textures to my airports. Specifically the markings at the edge of taxiways and runways as well as the poles that all the runway/taxiway edge lights sit on and the lights at the end of the runway (I'm getting tired of seeing balls of light floating in mid-air). I've seen lots of pictures out there of people who have these in their simulators. So I'm just wondering where I can find these.

If possible I'm looking a package that well globally add this to FSX. I've downloaded other programs that've given me some great textures, but they're still missing those little details that always make everything perfect.

Any helpful hints in the right direction are most appreciated. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I use Airport Environment Upgrade 7 and think that the textures and markings are excellent.

The file to search for is aeu7.zip

Using it in conjunction with afcad221.zip I came up with some really nice modifications to the stock airports even making them more accurate and lifelike.
    Last edited by wjwoodward; 09-06-2012 at 07:24 AM.

3. Default

Welcome to the forum!!!
    I am pretty sure to get the realistic lighting you are looking for you will have to buy each airport individuality. Here are a few link you might be interested in: http://www.flytampa.org/ http://www.fsdreamteam.com/ You can also look here for airports, you might be interested in: http://www.fspilotshop.com not to mention Google as well
    Hope this helps!

4. Default

Thank you both for the advice, I will look into both of them. I was sort of hoping to avoid payware if possible, but I suppose that's not always an option. lol

Again though, thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by wjwoodward View Post
    I use Airport Environment Upgrade 7 and think that the textures and markings are excellent.

The file to search for is aeu7.zip

Using it in conjunction with afcad221.zip I came up with some really nice modifications to the stock airports even making them more accurate and lifelike.
    Aren't both for FS2004, not FSX?

6. Default

Can't say about Airport Environment Upgrade 7...
    but yes, AFCAD221.zip is for FS2004...for FSX, I use ADE9X to modify airports. (It also works for FS2004 airports).