Thread: Project Opensky Aircraft for FSX

1. Angry Project Opensky Aircraft for FSX

On Flightsim.com I select FSX Aircraft for download. I select Project Opensky "Dominican_Airways_woaa_737-900_fsx".

I follow the instructions for installing on my FSX Simobjects Aircraft. The files install. I start FSX and look for this Aircraft, but nothing shows. I go back to the "Aircraft.CFG" file and I see at the top of the page "For FS2004 Only".

1. What gives?

2. Why am I unable to add additional repaints on other aircraft such as the F-27 series from CalClassic. I get a message that says "Access Denied"?

I'd appreciate any input,

Thanks,

Navigatre

2. Default

Regarding the Project Opensky aircraft, check if there is a thumbnail jpg in the texture folder & also in the FSX aircraft selection menu, it may not list Boeing as the manufacturer but be listed as Project Opensky.

When trying to additional repaints to aircraft, is it when you have edited the aircraft.cfg & are saving it that you have the problem? if so, copy the aircraft.cfg to somewhere outside FSX, edit & copy back into FSX.
    Last edited by PAULCRAIG; 08-23-2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: addition

3. Default

Hello friends of the forum my name is Cesar I have a question I would like to know how to put on the wings estrobes Posky Boeing 747-8 airplane if someone can help me
    Thank you.
    atte.: Cesar

Hola amigos del foro mi nombre es Cesar tengo una pregunta quisiera saber como poner los estrobes en las alas al avion posky boeing 747-8 si alguien me puede ayudar
    gracias.
    atte.:Cesar

4. Default Aircraft.cfg

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCRAIG View Post
    Regarding the Project Opensky aircraft, check if there is a thumbnail jpg in the texture folder & also in the FSX aircraft selection menu, it may not list Boeing as the manufacturer but be listed as Project Opensky.

When trying to additional repaints to aircraft, is it when you have edited the aircraft.cfg & are saving it that you have the problem? if so, copy the aircraft.cfg to somewhere outside FSX, edit & copy back into FSX.
    Thanks Paul - I'll try that.

5. Default

Thanks Paul - This worked.........how is it Microsoft made this (FSX) so much more harder to work with/modify?

It's not because of FSX, it's because of the extra security of Vista/Win 7/Win 8.