Thread: FSX airplane download

1. Default FSX airplane download

Hi everyone,

after reading hundreds of thread or tutorial, I still seem not to understand how to install new planes...

2. Default

Shoot I clicked "enter" and it posted the thread grrr..

Anyway my problem is that I download the file, I unzip, copy and paste into simobjects / airplane... but then I never seem to find the files they are talking about on the readme... Should I coupy the file "texture" somewhere else ?

To let you know I'm dying to get the B767-300ER United / Continental to my LSGG newark flight!

And the Dash-8 Horizon air!

Can someone help me ?

3. Default

Normally the files in this texture folder should be copied in to Microsoft flight simulator x/effects/texture
    FSX Intel core I7 @ 5.0 GHz 12GB RAM Dell MB ATI 5770 1 gb
    Work in progress:
    Intel core I7 w/LGA2011 Asus rampage IV 16gb RAM 2x ATI 5870 1gb
    Thrustmaster T.flight Hotas X

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Overspeed View Post
    Normally the files in this texture folder should be copied in to Microsoft flight simulator x/effects/texture
    I've never ever done that before. What you need to do is open the texture folder of your aircraft, and see if a thumbnail.jpeg file is there. If it isn't, you need to make one. All you do with that is find a photo on the internet, save it in paint as thumbnail with file type JPEG. Copy it over to the texture folder of your plane.
    Then, you need to open the panel.cfg file. If it says:
    [fltsim]
    alias/b737_400_PANEL

or something similar (i.e. if it says B737-400) you need to change it.
    Copy the panel.cfg to your desktop, open it in notepad, and delete the above text. Then, paste this:
    [fltsim]
    alias=B737_800\PANEL

in its place.
    Next, you need to open the sound.cfg file. (with notepad) If it says:
    [fltsim]
    alias=B737_400\SOUND

you need to change it. It's very similar for both panel and sound.
    Do the same as above, but paste this in place of the old text.
    [fltsim]
    alias=B737_800\sound

Put it back into the sound folder (first click save in notepad- not save as), put your main aircraft folder in the SimObjects/Airplanes main folder and load up FSX. It'll work now

TCX559K/Joel
    Aircraft Repainter- NOT taking any requests currently!

5. Default

Sorry about that I misunderstood your post
    FSX Intel core I7 @ 5.0 GHz 12GB RAM Dell MB ATI 5770 1 gb
    Work in progress:
    Intel core I7 w/LGA2011 Asus rampage IV 16gb RAM 2x ATI 5870 1gb
    Thrustmaster T.flight Hotas X

6. Default

Ok, it's more complicated then I thought.

For this aircrafts :

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conten...ist&fid=152155

I should then take the texture files and copy them into the "effect" file ? I'm kind of lost! lol very sorry for the disturbing you guys I just wanna makes this work once I'll get the thing should be easy!

I also had the problem with the LSGG (Geneva) airport scenery proposed by "india" something. I downloaded ok unziped, then placed it into addon scenerey like it was said in the readme but then when I opened FSX all the airport was gone except for the WOA traffic and runaway lol!

Anyway hope I'll be able to manage this!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alohaolivia View Post
    Ok, it's more complicated then I thought.

For this aircrafts :

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conten...ist&fid=152155

I should then take the texture files and copy them into the "effect" file ? I'm kind of lost! lol very sorry for the disturbing you guys I just wanna makes this work once I'll get the thing should be easy!

I also had the problem with the LSGG (Geneva) airport scenery proposed by "india" something. I downloaded ok unziped, then placed it into addon scenerey like it was said in the readme but then when I opened FSX all the airport was gone except for the WOA traffic and runaway lol!

Anyway hope I'll be able to manage this!
    No. Leave the textures where they are. If you move them, nothing will display on the plane. If you follow my method, it'll work. The trouble with SkySpirit jets is that they were originally intended for use in FS2004 rather than FSX. What my method does is convert it to work in FSX. That's what all the panel replacement was about. The B737-400 panel was the FS2004 default 737, and that .cfg file is telling FSX to use a panel file from the wrong simulator. That's why it had to be changed to the FSX 737-800 panel, as that works. The sound is the same, it's using the FS2004 sound files, whereas now it's been converted to the FSX 737-800 sound files.
    The textures, however, are compatible with both sims. Because FS2004 uses a list rather than a menu, a thumbnail is needed in FSX. That's the little picture you see in the aircraft selection menu. If you don't have one, it just displays a question mark and everything can get jumbled up.
    Hope this helps you Don't worry about bothering us, it's what we're all here for

TCX559K/Joel
    Aircraft Repainter- NOT taking any requests currently!

Ok, it's more complicated then I thought....Anyway hope I'll be able to manage this!
    With all of the missing instructions and more importantly the FS9 gauge requirements in the panel.cfgs, it's gonna be tough.
    I downloaded it, checked out the multitude of incomplete instructions in readmes, noted missing gauges called in panel.cfgs and.....
    hit delete.

Unless you have access to an FS9 installation to copy gauges from, there will be holes in the panels.
    You'll need to copy the contents of "COMMON FILES" to all of the texture folders too.

Frankly, the download is poorly organized, and unless you have the knowledge/experience to restructure it........Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), HD 7970
    64GB Vengeance @ 1666MHz, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

9. Default

Lol ok that is said! Can you give an advise on wich file I should download to get the B767-300 Continental or United ?! lol Something I could understand ?

I thank you very much for your help! You just saved me another night trying!

I had the same problem. Got solution from "Just Help". had me save all my add ons into (c:fsx folder) an I now have no problems getting downloads or program disks to show up in my aircraft file in flight simulator.
    old pilot